Chapter 1 - The First Day and First Meeting

Pandora's P.O.V.

"Pandora, get your ass out of bed and get ready for school!!" 

 "Never!!! School is evil!!!" 

 "I'm gonna go dark side if you aren't down here in 20 and ready to leave!" 

 I went silent.  

 Maybe if I pretend I fell asleep she'll leave me alone. I mean who would force a peaceful sleeping child to make her way to hell the day after arriving in a new town? I mean my mother does have some semblance of a heart right?  

 "Yeah she'll let me stay home today for sure. Everything will be -" SPLASH!! I was cut off as a massive amount of ice cold water was mercilessly poured onto my head.  

 "Did you really think that I was going to let you stay home from your first day of school? You must be high if you think I'm going to let you get away with that." 

 "I hate you long time." 

 "Oh no! My teenage daughter said she hates me, whatever will I do?!" The bane of my existence snickered as she made her way across the room to the door. 

 "You now have 15 minutes!" 

 I tumbled out of bed, fell to the floor and rolled towards my closet. I used the handle of the sliding door to drag myself into a vertical position and began searching for something decent to wear.

 "Hmmm...which black pants should I wear.... Oh! The black pants should work nicely!" I joked to myself as I stared at my collection of only black pants.

Afterward I threw on a tight fitting white v-neck. I don't want to brag but I'm pretty busty so I was looking pretty good in that shirt. Not that it mattered, the black jacket I always wore covered up pretty much all of my curves. I learned a long time ago that drawing attention to myself was never a good thing. That was pretty easy for an average-looking person like me.

My only outstanding feature was my cobalt blue eyes. I got those from my father. My mom and I moved here so I could finish my last three years of public education in peace and that was exactly what I was going to do. I thought of all the problems I had caused my mom in the past as I brushed my black wavy hair. I looked straight at myself in the bathroom mirror, carefully avoiding looking at my arms.

"I won't screw up this time. I don't want to put anymore pressure on mom. Everything will be fine...... I hope."  

 I finished getting ready and grabbed my (you guessed it) black school bag and headed towards the door just in time to hear my mom say, "Hurry up or I'm leaving you!" 

I stopped on the stairs. "Really?" 

"No doofus let's go."

"I can't believe you got my hopes up like that. It's so cruel...." 

"Yeah sure just get into the car or you'll be late!" 

"Oh really?" I walked slower.

"Would you rather go and arrive early enough to take your seat with all the other students, or arrive late and have to walk in with everyone staring at you?" She smirked at me.

I ran to the car and threw myself in the front seat. "Come on Mom let's go!!" 

Mom giggled as she opened the driver side door. "That's more like it. Oh I see you went with the black pants today instead of the black pants. Trying to mix it up for your first day at a new school?" 

"Yeah, I'm feeling optimistic." 

"Oh really? Well that's good to hear." 

We smiled at each other as we made our way out of the driveway of our new home. I looked out the window at the massive forest that surrounded the town we had moved to. I would be seeing a lot of it. After all we had chosen this particular place because of that large forest. It looked quite beautiful from here. I really hoped this all worked out.