Chapter 15 - The First Adalwolfa

Pandora's P.O.V.

"Wait. What do you mean? Wouldn't that make me-" I said.

"The next Adalwolf. Well technically you would be called Adalwolfa. The first one actually......" Mom said with a wondering expression.

"Wha-Adalwolfa?" I asked.

"Oh, it means "female noble wolf". Mom explained with a straight face.

"Oh, well thanks for that detailed explanation! Mom I-I can't be the next Adalwolf, I mean isn't that person supposed to be super powerful?!" I yelled.

"You dad knew from the moment he saw your fur that you would be important, but you weren't ready for the power you were given. I used every resource I had and found a way to seal your power for a while." she said while waving her hands dramatically.

"...until my 16th birthday...." I said softly.

"Exactly. That was the best I could do at the time, but it got harder and harder to hold it back the older you got. As for your power now, it will take a while to grow to it's full potential. Basically, the more you more you use your innate powers, the more your power will grow. You've already acquired some of the powers of an Adalwolf." she said with a grin.

"You mean that thing I did with Lex and Mace?" I said as I turned towards them.

"It kinda felt like you were slipping into our minds somehow, then I saw our memories from when we were babies. It was like I was actually there...it was so clear." Lex said.

"Yes, that is an ability called Empathy. You are able to feel and even manipulate the emotion of any creature. When there is a strong connection between you and the person you can even access their memories. Your strong desire to help the twins brought it out. The strength of the Adalwolf you have in you right now is kind of like......a rubber band fresh out of the bag. It's strong but stiff and inflexible. The more often you stretch and bend it the bigger and more versatile it becomes!" Mom explained with a smile.

"Really? I'm actually the....Adalwolfa?" I asked hesitantly.

I needed to hear it again. The idea that I was someone as important as those men in her stories just baffled me.

"You are." Mom stated with a proud face.

"So what now?" Arya asked.

"Well to be honest I wish we could keep living like we have, but as the Adalwolf supernatural creatures will naturally be drawn here. Both the good and the bad. It will be a lot tougher from here on in." she said with a grimace.

"Will it be dangerous for the people in town?" I asked slowly.

Arya glanced over at me. She knew what I was implying. She knew if it came between my safety and the town's that I would have to leave.

"Maybe. But it might be better for us to stay here. They will be more conservative in their movements if they know humans are nearby. Keeping our existence a secret is an unspoken rule among us."

As a sigh of relief escaped me I felt bad about bringing trouble to this town but with guilt bubbling up inside of me I realized the reason I wasn't objecting was because I wanted to be with Arya. From the moment we kissed I knew I couldn't be without her. Leaving her for a second time didn't seem possible and I definitely wouldn't be able to bring her knowing she could get hurt later on. If she even wanted me after everything she had heard.

"Well I guess that's enough info for now. We should all get some rest it's been a freakin' long day and I'm bushed." Mom said as she stood up and walked towards her room. "Arya I already called your folks earlier. They should be here soon to take you home."