Chapter 7 - The First Wolves

Pandora's P.O.V.

“Hey, Mom.” I said with a hesitant smile.

“What the heck is going on Pandora!” she screamed.

“I know this looks bad, but I ran into them on my way home. I mean just look! I couldn't leave them out there like this! They wouldn't have made it on their own!” I said earnestly.

She silently looked at them for a few minutes and finally sighed before walking back to the house.

“Mom?” I asked.

“Bring them inside, I'll go get my tools.”

She turned back to me with a grin.

“You totally owe me for this.”

“Wait. Wh-What do I owe you exactly?” I asked slowly.

“You make dinner for two weeks!” she said with a smirk as she walked into the house.

“Awww COME ON!!” I screamed.

It sucked, but it could have been worse. I turned back to the two wolves before I got to work. I brought two sheets from the house and wrapped one around each of them. I slowly picked up the boy first. He was large and surprisingly light to me, but I knew if I made one wrong move I could worsen his condition. I went upstairs to the guest bedroom we had and found that both beds had been stripped.

Mom must have been in here already.

As gently as possible, I laid him down on the bed and took off the sheet. As it passed underneath his broken leg, a whine escaped his mouth.

“Sorry about that.” I whispered.

I placed my hand on him and pulled on the power again. He eventually quieted down and seemed to relax into the bed.

Phew! Whatever I'm doing seems to calm them down. That's good.

I quickly made my way downstairs and found the female wolf waking up. She frantically looked around, presumably for her brother.

Oh no! If she keeps doing that she could aggravate her injuries!

“Please calm down!” I said as I rushed towards her.

When she saw me she began to growl threateningly.

“Your brother is upstairs right now. My mom agreed to treat you two. I was coming down to bring you upstairs as well.” I explained quickly.

She sniffed the air and calmed down when she located her brother's scent. Then she turned to me and glared at my outstretched arms.

“I'm gonna have to carry you, you know.” I said slowly.

She continued to glare at me before finally turning away with a “hmph!” noise.

I sighed and leaned down to pick her up while carefully angling her injured chest upwards. She ended up in my arms with her legs in the air. She obviously didn't appreciate the position she was in and made sure I knew it with another heated glance.

I glared right back and walked inside.

The whole time I made my way through the house she kept glancing around like she was casing the place.

“It's just a normal house, no need to get antsy, and stop moving around. I don't want you bleeding all over me.” I said with a bothered look.

She looked back at me with another angry look and then looked away with yet another “hmph!”.