Chapter 2 - The First Transformation

Pandora's P.O.V.

Oh god. oh god. oh god. oh god. Crap! Motherfudgin' piece of lint licking son of a-

I continued to curse my way haphazardly through the forest and away from the clearing for about twenty minutes before I finally stopped. That had to be just about the stupidest thing I've ever done! No! Definitely the stupidest thing I've ever done!

What do I do!? What do I do?!

Anyone watching from afar would have had an interesting view. A giant-ass wolf running around in circles, crashing into trees. And only half of the collisions were intentional. I continued in the same way until I finally managed to calm down and think about my circumstances rationally.

Okay, she doesn't seem like the kind of person to go blabbing to her friends, and even if she did people would probably think she was exaggerating. She definitely didn't see me transform so there's no way for her to connect the wolf she saw with her classmate. As long as I stay clear of her in both aspects, everything should be fine. Yeah, absolutely fine.

The moment I decided that, I immediately calmed down. I had a game plan and I was going to stick to it even if it killed me. I began making my way back to where I stashed my clothes while I thought about my day so far.

Okay: I got my classes, met the guys who most likely retain a large portion of the school's testosterone, met a weird cheerleader who I might have met before, nearly transformed in the middle of class, and got caught in my wolf form by the same cheerleader. Awesome.

-Later that day

“Hey kiddo, how was school?” my mom asked.

“Fine. Yep, nothing out of the ordinary.” I said with a smile.

 My mom stared at me for a few seconds like she knew I was lying. My heart began to race, but with every bit of will I had in me I kept a smile on my face.

“Alright.” she said with a shrug as she walked up the stairs.

The moment I heard her bedroom door close I collapsed to the floor gasping.

“Dear GOD! Can mothers seriously read minds?!”

I looked up at her door, and after a few moments I decided I was in the clear and made my way up the stairs to my she-man cave. Less imaginative people would refer to it as my bedroom. I threw my backpack in my desk's general direction, stripped off my jacket, rolled it in a ball and chucked it in the general vicinity of my closet, and flopped myself onto my bed.

As I finally began to relax, I realized my body was still riled up even after my run. The wall I usually kept up in my mind that held back that more primal part of myself had been getting weaker over the past few months and it was scaring me. To be honest, even though I am what most would call a “werewolf”, I didn't actually know all that much about myself. The only thing I knew was how I became one. Even now, a decade later, I could still remember that day all those years ago like it was yesterday. The day I transformed for the first time. 

It was right around my sixth birthday. Mom had volunteered to hold a play date at our house so the other mothers could have some time off. Me and my friends were all playing around in the living room, until one of the boys said he wanted to play tag. My mom brought us out to the yard so we wouldn't make a mess inside. Our yard was pretty large and had many places that would make it easy to hide so it worked out. I had chosen to hide underneath a bench against the fence. Smart right? The game was going fine until one of the boys tagged my best friend at the time too hard and knocked her to the ground.