Chapter 12 - The REAL First Meeting

Pandora's P.O.V.

I ran through the woods at full speed, crashing through trees in an attempt to lure the wolves away from the house and the other fight going on ahead of us. My mind wandered back to what happened only moments earlier and what I had learned.

It was two years ago, Mom and I had been living up in Montana for about two months when school ended. I think I went by Angela back then. Whenever we moved Mom always received new ID's and passports in the mail. I don't have any idea where they came from and I never asked. The only times I ever got to use my real name was before my dad died and our most recent moves. It was strange being called by a name other than my own, but I got used to it.

As always, I had no friends so the summer vacation was passing slowly for me. It had only been a week and I was already bored out of my mind. The only thing that helped me pass the time was taking walks around town.

One day while I was walking I saw a girl glancing around. It was painfully obvious that she was lost and since I had nothing better to do I decided to help her. When I reached her I tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

When she turned around the thought that I had just met an angel actually crossed my mind. Her beautiful blond hair glistened in the sunlight and made her forest green eyes sparkle. When she saw me a wide smile broke across her face.

I was nearly stunned speechless but finally managed to get words out of my mouth when I realized that I had just been staring at her.

“Ar-Are you lost?” I asked with a stutter.

As soon as I spoke a blush appeared on her cheeks and she glanced down at the paper she was holding.

“Ye-Yeah. I was supposed to go meet my grandparents at their house after my family and I checked in at the motel but........” she said shyly.

She's kinda cute.

“Well, I can help you if you'd like. I don't really know all the street names, but I can walk you there.” I said.

Her head shot up as the grin from earlier came back.

“Really! That be really helpful! Oh, I almost forgot! I'm Arya. It's nice to meet you.” she said as she extended her hand.

“Hi, I'm Pa-I mean Angela. I'm Angela.” I said.

And that's how it all began, the summer I spent with her. After that day whether I liked it or not, she would come find me. Apparently no matter how much she loved her grandparents, the middle of nowhere with just your folks wasn't the greatest time in the world for a fourteen year old girl. Crazy right?

And so we would spend our days hanging out at each others houses, swimming in the lake, and trying as hard as we could to make each day count because we both knew the ones we could spend together were numbered.

They were the best days of my life. Granted I spent a lot of the time hiding my body from her but it wasn't that difficult. I could tell Arya knew something was up, but she never asked. Over time I came to love her understanding, her kindness, her beauty....everything about her captivated me. I could never bring myself to tell Arya how I felt though. Knowing that if she didn't feel the same our relationship could very well come to an end was enough to stop me from trying. Even the thought of leaving her threatened to split my heart in two, but in the end we had to go our separate ways eventually.

About two weeks before Arya had to leave, we went for a hike up the nearby hill.

I should have taken her and gone back without hesitation from that start. I should have sensed something was wrong......but I didn't.