Chapter 16 - The First Flirtation

Pandora's P.O.V.

When I woke up for school a wide grin broke across my face. Arya was going to be at school today, I could finally see her. The day we spent apart had felt like an eternity and I was happy that Monday had come. As I lurched out of bed to start picking out what to wear to school my body hurtled forward and suddenly I was staring at the white closet door.

Not again.

These kind of things had been happening ever since yesterday. I would begin to make my way somewhere and find myself already there. At first I thought I was moving just a bit faster than normal but when Lex saw me do it she said she couldn't even see me move normally. To follow me at all she had to really focus on my movements. I asked Mom but she just waved her hand and said in passing that my abilities growing stronger was completely natural before she left for work.

Mom had explained everything so I understood about my Adalwolfa powers coming in slowly but it was still unsettling to have it actually happen. Everything that gone down during the weekend still felt like a dream to me. Especially what had happened with Arya. If I closed my eyes the feeling of her lips on mine bubbled to the surface and my heart began to race out of control.

When the twins and I reached the school there was a huge crowd of people in front of the main building who all looked antsy and excited. That didn't concern me in the slightest but it was going to be difficult to get through them.

“Hey Pandora you go first.” Lex said as she pushed me forward.

“What am I? The sacrificial lamb?!” I asked.

“Yup!”

“Douche.”

“Sure, let's get going we're gonna be late.”

Knowing full well we were plenty early I moved forward anyway. When I stepped up the crowd began to part as people stepped away from us with cautious backward glances.

“Cool! Our own personal Moses!” Lex exclaimed.

“Been parting the Sea of Puberty since 1998...” I replied begrudgingly.

I had been on the receiving end of some weird looks since I came to school without my jacket but these looks were different. I just couldn't figure out why.

When we entered the foyer I unconsciously began to slow. I only just realized that I had no idea how to act with Arya when I saw her. I was on such a high for a while that the fact that she had a freaking boyfriend completely slipped my mind. When it did finally occur to me I nearly smashed my bed into pieces.

I had been able to hold myself back before but now that Arya was within reach.....I wasn't really sure I would be able to stop myself from pummeling Jake if he came within five feet of her.

My emotions had become heightened since the full moon and......I suddenly regretted coming to school.

As I walked to my locker with a noticeably gloomier look on my face the increasingly loud whispers caught my attention. Some people were glancing at me, then talking to each other and looking down the hallway. I realized why when Jake came barreling down it.

Seeing his face brought all of the feelings before rushing back.

Trip, god damn you! Trip! Trip and die!

Instead he went straight for his locker ripped out his textbooks and slammed the door shut before stalking away.

This confused me but I pushed it aside and starting putting all the books I needed into my bag. Suddenly an incredibly sweet scent drifted through the air and the echoing voices changed once more. I whipped my head to the left and saw Arya prancing down the same hallway as Jake with a giant grin on her face.