20: The Better Choice

Desiree Sanders

"Before you say anything, I already know." I walked into the tattoo shop where Amber held the door open for me, peaking over my shoulder I waved goodbye to Trey who honked in return.

As he drove off, I entered the shop, placing the crazy number of bags I had, beside the chair that I plopped down, onto. I was beat. I took a moment to just lean over and catch my breath, before I looked up to see Amber staring down at me, with a big smile plastered across her face. "What?" I let out, sitting up.

"Shopping spree, already?"

"Wasn't my idea. Trey just kept on insisting. If I even looked at an item for too long, he took it off the rack. It got to the point where I kept my head up and he just started taking down stuff that he was certain would look good on me."

"Goals." She smirked.

"How am I going to pay him back for all of this?!" I exclaimed.

"Did he say you had to?"

"No..."

"Then why are you worried, it's clearly a gift."

"It's too much, Amber."

"You're just not used to being pampered..." she shook her head, "there is nothing wrong with being showered with gifts, imagine... you and Trey aren't even an official item and he's doing all this? just imagine what he will do when he makes you, his."

I waved her off and glared down at the shopping bags once more, "the worst part about it, is that I doubt I could see myself wearing half of the things he got. They seem more... Brooklyn-esque to me."

"Oh please, Brooklyn doesn't own any style... what looks good, looks good and I know Trey got style. After we get this tattoo done, let's head over to your house and try some of the stuff on. I'll help you put some outfits together. I wanna see you stunting."

I nodded, before letting out a soft sigh. "Thank you."

"Girl, you already know I got you sis."

"Desiree!" one of the men from behind the counter called out to me, causing both Amber and I to shift our attention. "Ready?" he asked.

Being that I was so busy with Trey and overwhelmed with everything that happened back at the mall, I didn't even take the time out to realize that I'd be getting a whole tattoo today. The normal me, needed a good 10 hours max, to freak out about things like this, but I was too distracted; meaning 10 minutes would have to do.

I gave him a slight nod, while standing up. "I don't even know what to get." I whispered to Amber.

"Don't worry. I chose something for the both us." Amber held up her arm that I didn't know was already wrapped in plastic. "And remember, it's a surprise." She said, pointing over to the guy at the counter.

"I got it, lil mama." He chuckled, before gesturing for me to come.

"Are you going to let me go in there by myself?" I pouted, looking at her.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Duh!" I exclaimed.

"I'm coming," she laughed. "Let me just get your stuff in my trunk."

"Okay." I took a deep breath then turned around, walking towards the man that opened up a side gate, letting me in. "No need to be nervous." He said, while guiding me around to the back where there were a set of 5 different studios, 4 being occupied, already. I examined the walls filled with pictures of tattoos and by the precision and detail put into every single one of them, I knew I was in good hands.