Chapter Twenty-Nine

[if you were to rate this story, what would you give it out of ten? x]

Liam quickly denies. It's not Zayn's fault, and it hasn't ever been.

"No, Zayn it's not your fault.."

"Really?" Zayn questions, staring into Liam's eyes, watching him nod lightly.

Zayn shakes his head up and down as well, "then Li no hurt himself no more!"

Liam bites his lip. He knew it wasn't Zayn's fault, but not cutting.. That's a bit over board.

"Li.." The little boy mumbles, "Promise?"

And of course, Zayn looks up at Liam with the cutest expression, causing Liam to sigh.

"I promise.."

After that, the doctor had came in to announce visiting times were over, unfortunately.

Yet, he wasn't too sure if he'd keep the promise. Promises are hard to be kept. Well, they have been for him. Liam still hopes he'll keep it for as long as he can.

--

It was now Friday afternoon, days after. Harry and Niall were planning to go back for a hospital visit. Liam, for the first time in forever, knew his parents were leaving, and once he came back from school he would stay home or go with Louis.

Niall and Harry, were ready to go. The couple were already in the mini-van, yet they haven't started it up.

"What did we do to have such great luck?" Harry sighs sarcastically, having no response from Niall other than a comforting hand as he drove toward the place.

.

Once stepped inside the 'hell'- as Harry preferred to call it-, they were leaded to Dr Evans.

"Ah, Mr, and Mr Styles. We've finally gotten the information. Let's just say, it's not very good, but not completely bad." Yet both their hearts sunk with 'not very good'.

"What is it!? What's wrong with my son!?" Harry replies not so calmly before letting the doctor go on.

"Well, your son seems to have.. Arrhythmia."

[warning: you may or may not learn some new medical information.]

"What the hell is that?" Harry snaps.

"Harry." Niall lightly scolds his husband.

"Ventricular Tachycardia. A type of heart arrhythmia. That kind of illness isn't very common, I'm not too sure why the boy ended up having it, but he seems to."

Arrhythmia, or the certain one, ventricular tachycardia is a disease or illness that is caused by a too fast heart beat. The illness can be constant, but usually come and go at random.

It's symptoms would be dizziness, light headed, chest pains, and of course, fainting.

Tachycardia is a quite serious but relatively uncommon condition that originates in the lower chambers of the heart and can be dangerous.

The doctor had diagnosed this to Zayn when taking a physical examination.

As the symptoms come and go, Niall and Harry didn't think anything with the chest pains their son was having and went on with their lives as if it were normal.

"But he's only seven.. Is it really dangerous?" Niall mumbles slightly once the doctor is done explaining.

"It can be. Don't be worried too much, and don't tell your son as well. We'll try to get everything good as possible, but he would have to stay in this hospital for quite a while now."

"How sick will he get though?" You could tell the couple were near tears.

"We don't know, Mr Styles." The doctor sighs.

Either for the best or for the worst. They both knew they had to think positive.

Only time will tell.

---

Quick chapter. I hope you learned a bit about Zayn's illness!

Chapter Thirty, the epilogue, the last chapter, is next.

Remember the epilogue won't be that sad. I'm quite excited, is anyone else excited?

Remember to keep commenting 'ZF'!

-Lilo