Chapter Twenty-Eight

[dedicated to @ Alenah_Marie as she was the first to answer the question. I got most of the information on the previous part from chapter 7 c: ]

Harry and Niall stood in the waiting area with the doctor.

Evans sighs, "He'll have to stay here until we're certain on what's going on."

"How long would that be?" Harry questions, shaking his head, having Niall by his side once again.

"We're not sure. Things can take up to months. And if serious, more."

"Can we at least see him, please?" Niall says, looking up at the elderly man.

"Alright."

The doctor leads them to the room where Zayn is now in, the couple smiling when they see the boy awake and playing with a random toy.

"Daddy! Papa!" He squeals, jumping up and down on the white bed and sheet.

"Hi baby! How are you feeling?" Niall walks over to his son, hugging him tightly, Harry following behind.

"Good." Zayn whispers, "Where Li?"

"He's home, sweetie." Harry responds, having a slight blank look.

"Want Li here!" Zayn whines, pouting.

Niall turns over to stare at Harry, having him only shrug.

Niall rolls his eyes but looks back at his youngest son, "alright, he'll come, yeah?"

Zayn's eyes brighten, nodding his head quickly.

.

After their time with Zayn was over, Harry drew Niall back to the side.

"What was that about saying Liam can come!?" Harry snaps.

"Zayn wanted him there, Harry! At least we can give him what he wants."

Harry sighs, "Fine. You call him."

"I will." Niall sasses back, taking out his phone.

---

"Li!" Zayn squeals once again, happily.

Liam had finally arrived at the hospital, and now found himself inside Zayn's room. Niall had called him, but gave him the least amount of information as possible.

"Hey, Zayn." Liam replied lightly.

He wasn't sure if his younger sibling still hated him.

Zayn pats the spot next to him, motioning for Liam to sit next to him.

Liam hesitates, before sitting on the white bed. He hasn't ever really been speaking with Zayn or even being next to him like this.

"No hate Li.." The younger lad mumbles.

"You don't?"

Zayn shakes his head, "Li was only being a meany, but love you lots."

Liam smiles, a genuine smile. "I love you too."

Zayn beams. He's never ever heard his brother say that to him before. He wraps his tiny arms around Liam.

The older brother was startled before doing the same.

At that moment, they've shared their first brotherly hug and 'I love you'.

.

They ended up hugging for about thirty seconds, having Zayn not wanting to let go. The little boy rested his head on Liam's tummy.

"It my fault Li?" He whispered.

"What?" Liam asked back softly.

"It my fault you hurt?" Zayn mumbled before speaking again;

"Zayn's Fault?"

---

This story hasn't been receiving as much votes as it used to.. I know I've lost a lot of readers along the way. And I'm sorry if this isn't interesting anymore. A lot of people left because I said there was going to be a sad ending. To be fair, I don't think it's upsetting. I apologise for everything x

I tried making it the cutest as possible! Around two more chapters to go!

Remember to keep commenting 'ZF'!

-Lilo