Chapter One

"Dad?" fifteen year old Liam Styles questions once he's spotted his father.

"What's happening?" Niall, his father replies, staring at his son intently.

As Liam was about to ask his fairly important claim, they heard a loud 'bang' like noise as if somebody has dropped or broken something, they they hear Zayn's footsteps coming down the stairs, staring at Niall innocently.

"Zayn, what d'you do?" Niall asks, crouching down to Zayn's height.

"I maybe accidentally broke something.." Zayn mumbles, still looking at his father with the same innocent look.

"Alright," Niall sighs, picking Zayn up making him squeal as he goes upstairs, completely forgetting about Liam's talk.

Liam sighs. Once again, Zayn has taken over his parents' attention. He was all used to it though.

Whenever Zayn has or had done something either cute or mischievous, his parents would give him their attention.

When Zayn misbehaves, he never gets in trouble or his parents give Liam the fault and blame.

Liam is somewhat like the forgotten child, or that's what he assumes to be. He feels like that every day. As if he doesnt belong in the family and only Zayn deserves to be with his parents.

And it may be true.

---

Liam sighed as he got ready for another day of boredom in school. He took a quick shower, dressing, styling his hair and after going downstairs.

"Liam, you'll have to be taking Zayn to school today." Liam looked up once he's heard his Papa (Harry) say that.

"Again? Why can't you take him!?" Liam whines. He takes his younger brother to school at least three times a week, causing him to be late to his own.

"Watch the attitude will you? We don't have time. You're taking him." Harry says final.

That's really the only reason his parents talk to him. If they can't make it to something, they get Liam to do it for them.

Liam huffs, but grips Zayn's wrist, going out the door. He didn't stop to say goodbye.

Once he took Zayn to his elementary school, Liam walked to his own school rather quickly.

"Hey mate, why did you come so late?" Liam's best friend, Louis asks once Liam was inside the school and met him at the location they're always at together.

"Zayn." Was the only thing Liam answered, knowing Louis would understand. He did.

Liam told Louis everything. Well, mostly. He's told him everything Zayn has done, but never about his depression. 

To be fair, Liam has to say that he doesn't really like Zayn. All since Zayn was born, he would always take his 'daddies' attention, not even letting Liam talk to them.

Louis nods his head as they walk to class talking about nothing and everything. They may have been late and the teacher may have scolded them for it but that didn't matter.

---

"Dad! You said you were going to pick me up from school today!" Liam huffs once he's walked inside his house, quite mad at his Papa. He waited outside the school looking much like an idiot -if he did say so himself- for his father but he never came.

"I'm sorry, Liam. I had to pick Zayn up and since he comes out the same time you do.." Harry trailed off, thinking his son would catch on. Of course Harry always had an excuse. And it always had to contain something with or about Zayn. Every single time.

"Couldn't you at least have called so I would've walked home? I was getting weird looks by people while waiting and it was uncomfortable." Liam accuses.

He took half an hour walking home that day as his school is quite far away. As for the last thing he said, it was true. Liam always looked up to find people staring at him, usually older men or women.

"I couldn't use my phone while I was driving, Liam. You don't need us picking you up, anyway. You can walk yourself." Liam groans annoyed, going upstairs since there was no point in fighting.

Of course his parents didn't pick him up, instead they chose Zayn. It would have been fine if Harry called before driving.. Hell, he could have picked him up after he got Zayn, he has a car for a reason. It's like if they don't care about him though, they wouldn't care if something happened to Liam.

They're probably too busy taking care of Zayn. Liam thinks to himself.

Liam's wrist itches for an object he uses regularly.

His razor.

He couldn't help but go to his bathroom, and lock the door. He looked through the cabinets, looking for the small object. Once he's found it, he pops opens to the blade, and without even thinking, he was pressing it to his skin roughly, getting two new fresh cuts on his wrists. One more on both his thighs. A silent sob escapes his lips as he stares at them.

The red colored blood oozes all over his wrist, out of his wounds. He smiles softly in return. He patches his wrist up like he always does, pulling his sleeve down so no one could see them. Well, even though if they did they wouldn't care.

This, was Liam's life.

Cutting, being depressed.

All because of Zayn.