4-Is This Real

I slowly wipe the tears away as I place the phone in my pocket. Bruce looks at me unsure what to say, he just hugs me.
"We need to go save the world" I say as we pull apart.
"I'm not flying back to the compound with you" Bruce says.
"I'm parked around here somewhere" I say as I start to look for my car hoping it's not been destroyed. I finally spot it and thankfully it's still in one piece. We get in and I head off for the compound.
"So what happened since I left?" Bruce asks me.
"So much" I answer as I go on to explain how we all broke apart.

Pulling up to the facility I park my car and we get out. Bruce cautiously follows me inside, where I see James waiting in the conference area.
"Cassandra, What the hell has happened? I got a giant warning that your cuff was turned off and I got Securtary Ross calling nonstop" he says to me.
"Oh you know the usual aliens trying to take over Earth, Tony went after them, Bruce is back. And we might have four fugitives and Vision on their way here" I explain as I step aside for him to see Bruce.
"Hey" Bruce quietly says.
"Well I guess I need to take Ross's call, Bruce it's great to see you again" he says.
"You're probably starving follow me" I say getting Bruce to come with me to the kitchen.
I show him around, letting him know he can help himself. "I'll be back, I need to have a quick shower, you gonna be okay?" I ask him. He just nods as he looks around taking it all in.

I head off to my room, wanting to get myself cleaned up after the fight in the park. Opening my door, I got toward my closet taking a change of clothes out. I finally find something and head to the bathroom. I turn on the water getting the right temperature and get undressed. Stepping into the shower I stand under the drops letting the water pour down my body, I let my emotions come over me. My tears mix with the water as I realize I'm about to see him, after being apart for so long. I don't know what to really think about the reunion we are about to have, will he even want to be near me, has he moved on. I try to compose myself as I wash the dirt off my body and hair. I finish showering, stepping out I wrap the towel around my body and dry off. I get changed and dry my hair, pulling it into a braid.
"Incoming jet Miss Austin" I hear FRIDAY say.
"Thank you FRIDAY" I say back and take a deep breath before leaving the bathroom, and eventually my room.

Heading down the hall I can hear voices, "If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would be right here, and Cassandra wouldn't be going through hell" I hear James say.
"I remeber your signature on those papers, Colonol" I hear Securatry Ross say back as I enter the conference room.
"So was mine and we are both paying the price" I say to Ross looking at James leg braces.
"You two have second thoughts" Ross asks us.
"Not anymore" James responds and I don't say a word. That's when we hear footsteps, I look up to see the one person who I've been missing the most walk in.

He's walking beside Natasha, with Sam holding up Vision behind them and Wanda by Visions side

He's walking beside Natasha, with Sam holding up Vision behind them and Wanda by Visions side. My heart practically shatters at seeing Steve and the others.
"Mr. Secretary" Steve says to the hologram.
"You got some nerve, I'll give you that" Ross says to them.
"You could use some of that right now" Natasha says as looks at me.
"The worlds on fire, and you think all is forgiven" Ross says to them.
Steve looks at me, "I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission" he turns to look at Ross, "Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight" he takes a step closer to Ross's hologram, "and if you wanna stand in our way..we'll fight you too"
Ross looks at James, "Arrest them"
"All over it" James has as he swipes away the call and Ross's hologram disappears. We hear the beeping of the computer, "that's the court-martial" James says.
"It's great to see you Cap" James says as they hug.
"You too, Rhodey" Steve says as they break apart and James hugs Natasha. I stand there unsure what to say or do.
"Well, you guys really look like crap" James says to them , "must have been a rough couple of years" he adds.
"Yeah, well the hotels weren't exactly five stars" Sam remarks.
"Uh, I think you look great" I hear Bruce say, and see him step out into the room. "Uh, yeah I'm back"
"Hey Bruce" Natasha says smiling at him.
"Nat" Bruce says back.
"This is awkward" I hear Sam whisper, and we all look at one another. It had been far too long since we had all been in the same place together.

"We should catch up on the situation" James says breaking the silence.
"The uhh, common area should work" I suggest to him.
"Yeah, follow me" James says to the others, they all follow except for Steve and I.
I slowly walk over to him, reaching up and touching his now bearded face, "Is it really you?" I ask him.
"Yes..I'm really here" he says looking down at me.

I then lean up, and kiss him and it makes my heart melt

I then lean up, and kiss him and it makes my heart melt. I can feel everything I ever felt for him come flooding back. We finally pull away our foreheads leaning against each others.
"I'm so sorry" I cry to him.
"There's nothing to be sorry about" he says as he places a hand on my chin lifting my face to look at him. "We can keep apologizing, but we're back together now and that's all that matters" he says.
"I still love you, I always will" I say to him.
"I still love you too, and oh God I've missed you so much" he says as he holds me close to him. We just stand there holding one another, not wanting to lose each other ever again.