5-New Life

We spend the next few hours, going around the city, seeing the sights I haven't yet to see. We go to little shops, buying trinkets for everyone I loved, even though some weren't with us anymore, I still wanted to. I eventually find a cute stuffed bunny that I know Morgan will love, and some cute outfits. I was glad that people were finally able to get back to normal; people were finally able to reopen their shops and boutiques. Going back to what was was best for everyone trying to move on.

I even managed to find a gorgeous dress, to wear when we get married; we decided waiting till we were back in the states, so I can at least have Natasha with me. We spent our lunch at a cute little cafe, before heading back to the hotel, packing up everything that I had found, making sure Steve didn't see the dress I had found. The next few hours we just stay in our hotel room, just taking in each other's company. Steve orders us room service, and we sit on the bed cuddling one another, waiting for it to arrive.

"Do you remember the night I asked you to stay?" I ask him.
"That's the night I feel in love with you" he says to me.
"Do you think if I hadn't asked we would be here right now?" I ask him.
"Honestly, I think we would be?" he tells me.
I look up at him, "Really" I ask.

"I liked you Cassandra, right after you helped protect me in New York, when we fought side by side, I started to like you. When you left that day in the tower cause of Tony, I wanted to chase after you, I technically did, but you wanted time, and I respected it. I love you Cassandra, always have and always will, no matter the way things worked out." He says kissing me. As we start deepening our kiss there's a knock on our room, and we break apart smiling at one another.

He gets up and answers the door, taking the dinner from the bellhop, giving him a tip, as he closes the door. He sets the food down on the table, and I get off the bed to join him, as he takes the covers off the food.

Steve and I eat our meals, smiling at one another, and talking about the things we had seen in each country. I told him how I couldn't' wait to get back to the compound, and see our friends, and sleep in our own bed, mind you the hotel rooms were pretty amazing. That's when he gets up and brings me a red box, tied with a white ribbon. I smile at him as he passes the box to me, "What is this?" I ask him.

"Go ahead and open it" he says. I smile at him, as I untie the ribbon, opening the box I see a set of keys, I take them out holding them up looking at him.
"It's ..uhh..a set of keys" I say to him.
"Yes it is" he smiles back at me.
"Why are you giving me keys?" I ask still wondering.

"We aren't going back to the compound" he then says to me

"Where are we going?" I ask.
"Our own apartment, in Boston" he smiles at me, and I squeal in excitement as I hug him.
"When did this all happen?" I ask when I pull away from him.
"I called Natasha when we were in Argentina; I know we talked about getting our own place and I thought it was time" he smiles at me.
"I can agree to that" I smile back kissing him again.