13-Saying Good-Bye

It had been a few weeks since the battle, and everyone was still grieving. Steve had to carry me away from the battlefield, I couldn't move from being over emotional. He took me to our home in Boston, allowing, Bucky, Sam and Wanda to come back to, so that they would at least have somewhere to stay. I gave Pepper her time to let Morgan know about Tony, and her space to grieve. Steve started to give me space knowing losing both Natasha and Tony was hard on me. I told him, that Clint and I were going to have our own memorial for Natasha out on his farm. He suggested to have Wanda come with me, knowing she would want to be there for me and to say good bye to Natasha. I drove out there the next day with Wanda. Laura and the kids were happy to see us I felt great seeing them all again, and actually felt happy for once. Clint, Wanda and I walked out onto the farm, and stood by the tree that we had picked to plant in her memory.

"I'm going to name the baby after her" I say to Clint.
"Well it better be a girl, cause I already claimed her name when we had Nathaniel" he says to me.
"I'm pretty sure it's going to be a girl" I tell him.
"Is that one of your vision things that told you?" he asks me.
"No, just a feeling" I smile at him as he puts an arm around my side and hugs me, before kissing the top of my head.

"Cassie that's amazing you are having a child" Wanda says as she hugs me.
"I'm happy this baby will have her Aunt Wanda around" I hug her back. The three of us just stand there for a few minutes, remembering Natasha and everything she did with us and how proud she would be.

After a few minutes the three of us head back up to the farm house, Wanda and I say good bye to Laura and the kids, and we head back home to the city. As I drive, I think back to how I ended up in this spot right now, how I was just some teenage girl who developed weird powers, lost her parents and became a SHIELD agent. I helped stop the God Of Mischief, who was secretly working for a evil Titan, I fell in love with the First Avenger, and stopped many more threats to save this place I called home. Now I had this child growing inside me, and the threat to the world was over. Steve and I could stop, we could stop being heroes, and live a full life.

I make it back to our home, and the two of us head back to the apartment, to hear the sound of laughter and a smile forms on my face as I unlock the front door. I enter the apartment to see Sam and Bucky hanging out in our living room, Steve telling them about things that they had missed.

"Hey, how are you?" Steve asks me as he sees me close the front door.
"Good, I'm good" I say to him, as I place my bag down. Wanda goes and sits down on the couch beside Sam.
"Congrats Cassie!" Bucky says as he gets up and hugs me.

"Steve told you" I say hugging him back, and looking over at Steve.
"Sorry, I just really wanted them to know, they deserve to know" he says to me.

"Of course you guys deserve to know. I already let Wanda know anyway" I say as we pull away from each other. The five us spend the rest of the night catching them up on things, and tell them about our wedding and how we wished they would have been there. Steve ends up cooking us all some dinner, and it gets late when we all call it a night. Steve and I make our way to our bedroom, and change into our night gear.

"You sure you okay?" he asks as he pulls the covers back on our bed.
"Yeah, it was hard, but the tree is beautiful that Clint placed. The kids were happy to see me, and Laura can't wait to meet this little one, although I feel like it might be two" I smile at him.

"Really, you think we are having twins?" He asks as we get into bed.
"We have an ultrasound in a few weeks, that will let us know for sure, but I just got a feeling" I say to him.

"I would have never imagined this" he says smiling at me.
"Me neither. You ready for tomorrow?" I ask as he pulls the blankets back over us.
"Tomorrow's going to be hard" he says to me.