6-Is This New?

A month after we got married we decided to try having a kid, but each time resulted in nothing. We came close once, but it didn't result in anything. Steve and I concluded that it had to be both our genetics. We discussed whether to try adopting like I had mentioned before, but I told him no, that maybe this was a sign that right now we aren't meant to have children in our life. The universe had bigger plans for us, and that one day if we have to get back into the superhero world, I can't think of something happening to us and leaving a child behind. Over the next few months we went back to the routine we had before we had gotten married, and before we travelled the world.

Steve went back to helping the support group for people still trying to move on from the snap. I went back to helping teach the self defense class. I still talked to Pepper and Morgan every day and Morgan was beginning to be so much like her father. I still continued to visit Natasha once, sometimes twice a week at the compound, always there when the others checked in. It was nice to still have some normalcy in our life once again. I had managed to get in touch with Bruce, and well he definitely went through come changes.

Tony was still not willing to open up and talk to Steve, but I was trying to get him to. Thor was well, not talking to anyone really, keeping held up in his home in New Asgard, from what Valkyre told me, she barely sees him only when we needs more beer. My visions kept coming once and awhile, they were still the same thing the compound being destroyed and finding Steve among the rubble. I wouldn't let Steve know about it, but he could tell he knew there was something.

Today was five years, five years since we had all lost everyone to Thanos, and his snap. I woke up this morning not feeling well and tried to go about my day when I finally decided to go see Natasha. I had called Steve to let him know I was heading over to the compound to see her, and to meet me there when he was done.

I pulled up to the compound, and park my car, stepping out I walk inside, finding Nat at her usual place. She was seated at her desk, a peanut butter and jam sandwich on the plate in front of her, she looks up and smiles when she sees me. "Sorry I didn't make you one" she says to me as I sit down opposite her.

"I'm good, haven't really felt like eating this past couple days" I say to her and she gives me a smirk, raising her eyebrow

"No, it's not that" I say to her.
"You sure?" she asks.
"Trust me I would know" I say to her even though part of me was thinking she might be right. As I say this the screens start to light up letting us we know there are incoming holograms.

I click the button letting them come through, and images of Rocket, Nebula, Carol, Okoye, and James appear.
"Hey Cassie" James says to me.
"Hey James" I reply to him.
"So report" Natasha says to them all, and they start to tell us.

Natasha starts cutting into her sandwich, "Yeah, we boarded the highly suspect warship that Danvers pinged" Rocket says.
"It was an infectious garbage scowl" Nebula says.
"So thanks for the hot tip" Rocket says looking over at Carol.
"Well, you were closer" she says back to Rocket.
"Yeah, and we smell like garbage" Rocket says to her and I hold back a smirk.