5-Back Together

We stand there holding one another, not wanting to let go. "We should go join the others" Steve says finally breaking the silence.
"Yeah we should" I say pulling away, I head toward the room, when Steve grabs my hand and I lead him to where the others are.

"So, we gotta assume they are coming back, right?" James asks the others, already discussing what's going on. Steve and I go stand by the table, his hand lets go and his arm moves around my waist not wanting to let go of me.
"And they can clearly find us" Wanda says looking at us.
"We need all hands on deck, where's Clint?" Bruce asks and I look down.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest" Natasha explains to him.
"Who's Scott?" he asks.
I look back up, "Ant-Man" Steve and I both say together.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce says confused, "Okay look

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce says confused, "Okay look...Thanos has the biggest army in the universe, and he is not gonna stop until he..he gets..Vision's stone" he tells us all.
"Well, then we have to protect it" Natasha suggest.

"No, we have to destroy it" Vision suddenly says, and we all look at him. He moves away from the window he was looking at to face us, "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head" he places a hand on the stone, "about its nature. But also, its composition, I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps" he steps near Wanda, "Its molecular integrity could fail"

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation" she says.
"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it" Vision tells her.
"That's too high a price" Wanda says worried.
Vision gently takes her face in her hands "Only you have the power to pay it". Wanda pulls away clearly distressed by all of this. "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him" Vision says to all of us.

I see Steve look down, "But it should" he says before looking back up at Vision, "We don't trade lives, Vision"
"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people?" Vision asks as he steps forward, "Tell me, why is this any different"
Before Steve can say anything back, Bruce speaks, "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of complex construct overlays. JARVIS, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together , all of them learning form one another"

"Your saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda asks him.
Bruce looks around at all of us, "I'm saying that if we take the stone there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts"
"Can we do that?" Nat asks him.

"Not me, not here" Bruce says.
I look at Steve and can tell his thinking something over in his mind.
"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly gonna let you guys have your old rooms back" Rhodes says.

"I know somewhere" Steve says everyone looking at him, "everyone get ready, meet at the jet in an hour"
Everyone starts to go their separate ways, Steve lets go of me, needing to contact who he has in mind, and get the jet ready to take us there. As I go to head off to my room I hear my name being called and stop, turning around to see Nat standing in the hall, smiling at me.

We walk up to each other and hug, "I love the blonde" I say as we pull apart.
"I got inspiration from someone I use to know" she smiles at me.
"I hope you thank that someone" I smile back.
"He wanted to rescue you from here after the raft breakout, but I told him  you wouldn't want him risking his life for you" she tells me, and we start to walk down the hall.

"I wanted to go after him too, but being cuffed, and tracked all the time. I couldn't just ask Tony to take the cuff off, and risk him being in trouble" I explain to her. "When I had to watch him walk away with Bucky, it devastated me Nat, but I couldn't risk Tony doing anything, and I couldn't leave my friend behind. It took month for me to finally leave this place and go out into the city. The crazy thing was today was the day I was finally ready to start my new life and try and move on. It's funny how fate works." I tell her trying not to cry.

"Go, talk to him, tell him how much you still love him" she tells me.
"Why are you always the one to push me to him?" I ask her.
"Because you deserve one another, you make each other happy. You need to be happy Cassandra, more than ever. " she says as she hugs me again.
"Thanks" I say as I pull away from her, "I hope we can be happy again" I then walk away from her heading to my room.

Slowly opening the door, I look and see Steve sitting on my bed, the ring box from my dresser in his hand.
"Snooping through my things" I say as I close the door.
"I had a feeling you had hidden these, since you weren't wearing them" he says to me.
"I couldn't Steve, they reminded me so much of what we had and what we could have had" I tell him as I sit down beside him, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry Cassandra" he says to me.

"Me too Steve" I reply.
"So, will I ever get an answer to what I wrote to you?" he asks me.
"Steve, I don't know. Two years we've been without each other, can we really just pick up where we left off?" I ask him, as he wraps his arm around my waist holding me close, he kisses the top of my head.

 Two years we've been without each other, can we really just pick up where we left off?" I ask him, as he wraps his arm around my waist holding me close, he kisses the top of my head

"Why don't we just start over" he offers, and he opens the box taking the promise ring out and holds it up to me. My eyes swell up with tears, as I look at the ring, and I reach out to take it.
"I can go with a restart, but I'm scared Steve, I've been seeing what's going to happen and its terrifying" I say as I put the ring on.
Steve touches my face, turning it toward his, "I'll be there with you" he says.
I lean my forehead against his, "I know" I cry.

He wipes the tears and kisses me, and I feel the terror subside inside me. I can tell we both want to stay in this moment forever but can't. we finally break apart, "I wish we had more time" I say.

"I do too, but we have a world to save" he says, "suit up"
I smile at him, giving him a light kiss as I get up from the bed. I open the closet doors, pushing aside some clothes and take a deep breath as I pull out my suit, "Wow, I haven't worn this in..a..uh..two years" I say as I close the closet.
"Need any help?" he questions.
"It does up in the front now" I smile at him.
"You still want help?" he asks.
"Who are you and what have you done with  Steven Grant Rogers?" I ask.

"Two years on the run changes a person" he says as I go to the bathroom to change. Emotions run through me as I change into something I thought I would never wear again. I zip the suit up and pull my hair up into a high ponytail. I stand there looking into the mirror when I take a deep breath and start to get light headed as I fall, and everything goes black.