Chapter 26. Breaking Giant Doors.

.Sarah’s POV.

“Mhm, yeah thanks Mom.” That’s all I could manage to say.

“No problem honey!” She sing songed.

“So do I have any brothers and sisters?” I asked ripping apart my pancake and dipping it in maple syrup.

“Not that I know of, but I don’t know that for sure” She answered taking a swig of orange juice from her glass. I watched the rest of it fall back into her glass and leave a little red ring from her maroon lips.

“Oh.” I looked at Niall and he seemed to be just as surprised about Spencer as I was. His knee was bouncing up and down repeatedly and running a hand threw his hair every couple of minutes. I studied him before putting a reassuring hand on his leg telling him everything will be okay.

                      We ended breakfast soon after that and were on my way to meet my biological mother. I was more nervous about this than I ever was about something. I bit my lip so hard, I wouldn’t doubt there would be blood soon.

“Sweetheart, are you sure you are okay with this?” My Father looked up at me threw the rearview mirror.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little nervous that’s all” I laid my head against the glass watching the objects outside zoom past me turning into a blur. Niall put an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him; I glanced up at him meeting his beautiful blue eyes. “I love you” He whispered.

I love you too!” I kissed his lips, making our PDA G rated because of my parents.

“I have only met Penny twice in your lifetime Sarah.” My Mum broke the silence interrupting the hum of the car engine underneath us. 

“Really? What does she look like?” I questioned.

“Brown wavy hair, a lot like yours. But she has blue eyes not brown. That’s all I can recall from only seeing her couple of times.” She stated.

“Oh, and this Spencer guy, what did he look like?” I asked just trying to be 100% sure on the situation.

“He is fairly young, I don’t remember ever meeting him but I have seen a picture.”

That’s Okay. What do you remember?”

“He had brown hair and brown eyes, not very tall. I think” She closed her eyes trying to recollect the memory.

“Don’t worry about it Mum, he left. So that’s his deal. I don’t really care about him at all.” I told her.

“Well Darling, I’m glad you dealing with all this pretty well, normally kids freak out” She mentioned.

“I was raised right. I love you guys, just remember that” I informed them.

I saw my Dad smile and my Mum turned around and grabbed my hand.

“We love you so much too Sarah.” She kissed our hands and let me go. I smiled too, knowing how lucky I am to have such wonderful parents.

                After an exhausting ride into Dublin, the car found the right driveway. We pulled in and I gazed at the house, it was built brick by brick tiling the whole house in different shades of rock and the garden was just as fancy, plants from flowers to big bushes covering other growing things. There was a fence around the whole yard with a dog barking franticly as we pulled up. We walked up the stone pathway up to the house; it had white shutters and a balcony coming out from a sliding glass door on the second story. She had a lot of money. Why the hell couldn’t she keep me? My palms began to get clammy and goose bumps rose on my arms, I was panicky and anxious. We stepped up the stairs and all that was separating between my biological mother and I was this giant door.  I looked at Niall uneasily and grabbed his hand, he urged me to knock on the entrance to the home, so that’s what I did. I knocked on the humongous wooden maple door, getting more and more jumpy as the gate slowly opened no longer separating my Biological mother and I. My mom was the first to speak,

“Hi Penny!” She walked in front of me making me step back. I studied my strange new mother. She was a little taller than me, brown wavy hair (like my mom said), Blue eyes almost as bright as Niall’s. She had on jeans, a v-neck shirt, and an apron covered in little hand prints.

“Come in! Come in!” Penny smiled at me. She had a bubbly voice and full of joy.

“Hi, Sarah” She walked toward me after closing the door. I just gave her a half hearted smile, and peered around the room.

I sat down in a love seat with Niall right by my side. Suddenly I hear the little pitter patter of footsteps coming down the hall way, bickering and tattle tailing on each other.  Two little heads peer around the corner of the hallway popping into the living room.

“Mom! Shiloh took my cars!” the blonde boy tattled on his sister.

“No I didn’t! My barbies did Brently!” The blonde girl informed her mother.  They both were around the age of 6 and look identical.

“Kids come out here; let me introduce you to some people!” Penny ignored their argument. They walked out hiding behind their Mother; the girl stuck her finger in her mouth being shy.

“These are my children Shiloh May, and Brently Austin.”

Bang.

Bang.

That was my heart being shot twice. I don’t understand, if she had more kids, why couldn’t she keep me?

“Do you have a husband?” My father asked.

“Yes, his name is Shawn, but he is at work. Sorry you couldn’t meet him today” She frowned.

“So what’s my story?” I spoke up, forgetting the pain in my heart and just wanting to figure out why should she couldn’t fucking keep me.

“What do you mean?” Penny asked.

“You know what I mean Penny. Why couldn’t you keep me? You seem like you could keep others? Why was I different? Why was my father different than the others?”  I raised my voice, anger getting the best of me. Niall rubbed my back helping me calm down.  

“Oh, Sarah. I don’t exactly know where to begin” She looked down at the ground and then back up to me.

“Here, why did you give me up? AND who is my father?” I informed her. She sat down on the carpet and began to start, everyone got comfortable as she began to uncover a story that had been buried for so long. I couldn’t help but let a couple of stray tears solemnly fall down my cheeks as my life was being recreated.

“Well, it’s kind of a long story; your father is Spencer Fenton. He has no idea I had a kid because he fled to New York because, let’s just say he was not a very good man. We were young, I was in high school and I got pregnant. I was 16 and had no idea what I was doing. I talked with my mother about it, but she wasn’t around enough to even help me take care of you, she left a week after I told her. I carried you to full term and had you for about 2 weeks and feel in love with you. I named you McKenna London, You were named after your grandmother London Marie. After about the third week, my father returned home from war and had no idea I had a child. He flipped out on me, and blamed me for my mother leaving us. I couldn’t have you growing up in that kind of atmosphere, I did what I thought was right at the time and put you up for adoption.” She paused and began to cry, I was crying too. I walked over to her and wrapped her into a hug. My mother was crying silently to herself, Niall and my Dad just kind of sat there stunned.

“Thank you Penny” Was all I could say. I was no longer angry but understanding and just genuinely just cared for her.  

 ___________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Hey guys Long time no see! Sorry about not uploading, but school just started and i just havnt had the time. But i promise i will upload more ofter, i will wrap up this story around october for sure. Thanks guys!

First chapter of I'm That Girl With Cancer, is when GLWSMF if over with! Wich is, im predicting, late october! See you all soon! Comment and vote my new stpry, If your interested in me posting a chapter earlier! <3 :)

1.VOTE.

2.COMMENT.

3.FAN.

LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Thank you!

~Emmy :)