Chapter 8. A Promise to Fix What Was Broken.

Today was unfortunately the day I had landed my interview with Niall. Each of the 5 students had chosen a band member before I had gotten the chance to pick. It was between Niall and Louis, I had to pick Niall because Chelsea really wanted Louis. Curse my kindness. 

I hadn’t slept the previous night at all, I blame the nerves and the over active mind I had. I had decided to put on a pair of nice jeans and paired them with a white v-neck. I had put my woolen sweater over it since it was getting chilly outside. I wore my hair down, curled at the bottom along with a magenta beanie. I put on some hoop earrings and my charm bracelet that I wear every day. My make up wasn’t theatrical but looked right with my outfit. I rubbed my lips together with my freshly put on fuchsia lip-gloss I had just put on seconds ago. I looked alright I guess, I decided to get my notepad and other materials that I might need for the interview.  I packed it all up into my bag and went back to the mirror second guessing everything I had put together. ‘Stop it Sarah, you look fine.’ I kept repeating to myself.  ‘From not seeing Niall for about 3 years, I have to act like this is my everything day thing, be chill.’ I also informed my self. 

As stupid as this may sound, I gave myself a pep talk on the way to the interview. I arrived, parked, and reviewed my questions for Niall.  Every time I tried to focus on my questions, I caught myself thinking about Him. I willingly gave up and finally let myself just think about the situation I had gotten myself into. All I need to do, is get this damn interview over with and leave all this shit behind. I glanced at the clock before jumping out of my car, 9:00 am. Perfect. I gathered my tools and headed to the doors, the interview was held at NYU Hall. I quickly looked at my reflection in the window and made sure I looked presentable before stepping into the doors.  I pulled it open and the gush of air whooshed passed me, allowing me to fix my hair.  I gaited down the long hallway until I reached room 4B. I gave a slow deep breath and pushed the door open, my heart threatening to jump through my throat every second it had beat. I was surprised to find everybody else that was chosen in the same room. 

“Hey where’s the band?” I asked Kory who was leaned up against the wall.

“They’re in the room next to us with a radio station, they just finished so we were waiting for everybody to show up. HEY EVERYBODY SARAH’S HERE!” he hollered to the whole room which fell silent and all eyes turned to me.

“So sorry guys!” I apologized. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks. Great, not only was I now waited on, but I had all eyes on me. ‘How lovely.’ I told myself sarcastically. 

“It is alright Sarah,  Now everyone go to your assigned room and meet up with your member you had chosen. Oh! And don’t for get ladies and gentlemen, May the best article win!” Mr.Brunsking instructed us, and with that I had to stay in that room because I was assigned. The room fell silent at the last of the students left, a knock came at the door and the person I had been dreading on seeing for the past 3 years walked in. My heart beat furiously as I broke my glance I was debating weather or not he could hear such a sound. 

“Sit down right there please, hi I’m Sarah.” I pointed to the chair across from me, and re-introduced myself. 

His icy blue eyes set into mine as I looked up and heard him speak for the first time to me in years.

“Sarah? What are you doing here? How long you going to be here? We haven’t talked in a long time…I‘m sorry Sar, I don’t know where to start?” His voice filling my head. 

“How about here, Are you happy your single reached #1 on the charts?” I said veering away from the subject he wanted to talk about.

“Huh? Sarah, Stop. Let’s tal-” He tried again.

“How about a different question then, You guys have been to many different countries, which one might have been your favorite?” I cut him off, showing him I was about business not social life. I looked up from my notebook and dared to meet him gaze, from the slow 5 minutes that had gone by.

~Niall’s POV~

Wow, Sarah Robertson in New York city. She looks so different than I remember her, but in a good way. I continued to push my point about us, even though her beautiful brown eyes had set into mine. 

“Will you please talk to me? Sarah, Please?” She had done that thing where her expression had combined two feelings, angry and worried. I couldn’t quite understand it. Sarah spoke again,

“Niall, I have to focus on this assignment okay? I only have 30 minutes.” She kept avoiding and mentally pushing me away, I don’t understand why she’s being so strange. My phone number had to be changed a couple years back, and that’s I can recall her to be angry with me about. I’m so confused, but one thing I new that was different in me, I didn’t feel the same as I did about Sarah 3 years ago.

“Fine Sarah, but this isn’t over” I informed her about our catching up to do.

The thirty minutes had gone by like a blink of an eye for me. It was time to leave and she got up quickly, gathered her things, at lighting speed and hustled to the door.  Now’s my chance, ‘come on Niall, just ask her to coffee or something, anything! Dot it!’ I gathered the confidence to do what I was telling myself . 

“Sarah W-Wait” I studderd. 

She gave me an annoyed breath and answered.

“What?” She hissed at me.

“Something’s up Sar, you were my best friend just years ago and now your acting like we never even met each other. I want to fix it, Please give me a chance Sarah. Want to go to have coffee at the café around the corner so we can talk? Oneish, what do you say?” My palms began to sweat from my nerves getting the best of me, I waited anxiously for her response. 

“Niall….I don’t know. Maybe our ‘friendship’ is just better left untouched.” I felt like she just stabbed my heart, but I’m not taking no for an answer. I’m determined to get us back on track even if I turn into a emotional wreck again with her words of anger in the process.  

“Sarah I wont take no for an answer, Lets talk, that is all I’m asking out of this” I implied.

I took my hat off and scruffed through my hair and returning the hat back on my head, I do that when I’m nervous. I pleaded one more time,

“Please Sarah” She ran a finger through one of her curls and unwillingly looked up at me with those big brown eyes. 

“Fine. See Ya there.” 

She practically flew out of the room and down the hallway, her hair bouncing beautifuly down her back with every step she made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I UPLOADED TONIGHT.....you guys should be happy..:) Anyway the link on the side fits the chapter well...Give it a listen!!!'

My bruses hurt. bad. 

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. 

I NEED 2 COMMENTS AND AT LEAST 2 VOTES BEFORE I POST THE NEXT CHAPTER. which by the way has to be the best chapter ever. You guys are going to fall in love with it..:its going to be long too! Niall has a good POV in it too..<3 

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE THANK YOU SO MUCH:) GETTING COMMENTS MAKES MY LIFE 2587390Qx BETTER:) 

K. 

BYE. :) 

~Emmy<3