Chapter 27. Hiding from a Memory. (Nialler's POV)

-Sarah’s POV-

I hugged Penny goodbye, after a long night. It was a very stressful, meaningful evening, but yet fun and bearable. After everything from Penny having to give me up, to how her new current family was, turns out I‘m not so angry with her at all. The thing that angered me more than anything and disgusted me right now was, Spencer. How in the hell did he not know he had a child? He must have been a freaking messed up man as it is, I mean he is already in jail, so who cares. It shouldn’t bother me right now because I locked him up. I walked out of Penny’s home and stepped down the stairs promising to stay in touch, after all she is my biological mother. We hoped into the car and my mother began buzzing with questions for me to answer, that was the last thing I wanted to do right now.

“So? Hun, what did you think?” She asked turning around in her seat to me. 

“It was great, I learned a lot. But seriously Mum, I don’t want to start answering a ton of questions right now. I’m tired. Sorry” I leaned against Niall’s shoulder. 

“Oh, no don’t worry about it. It’s my fault. We’ll talk tomorrow!” She answered turning around fastening her seat belt. 

“Alrighty” I whispered letting Niall run his hands through my hair, causing me to get more and more sleepy. 

The slow hum of the car quickly beckoned me to fall asleep to its rhythm letting me dive into a deep sleep within a couple of minutes. 

-Nialler’s POV-

We all piled into the car after a suspenseful night. Sarah really had a lot of information thrown her way this evening, I am surprised how well she handled it. After a bit of a conversation with her mother she laid on my shoulder, I took this as an opportunity to help her calm down. I started running my fingers through her beautiful brown wavy hair, I love it when she left it natural, normally ( in her words ) she has to do something with it.  We all left the house and were on our way home back to Mullingar. From the rhythm of the engine of the car and playing with her hair, Sarah fell asleep pretty quickly. I took this opportunity to put her in a more comfortable position, I leaned her up against my chest resting her head just under my chin. She wrapped her arms around me, snuggling closer. I smiled and thought about how lucky I am to have such an amazing girl. I sat there letting my eyes drift to all the moving dark objects outside rushing by. Without warning a memory, from my past suddenly rudely invaded my thoughts. Why on earth would I remember something I pushed out of my head for so long, letting things fold into the back stacking over one another, hiding it so well I would never have to let it come into my train of thought ever again. But I guess it’s true when people say, ‘You can’t hide things forever Niall’. Maybe from hearing about Spencer and Penny’s past it brought back buried memories, that I pushed out for a reason, Delilah and Ben. Even though this happened about a year and a half ago before Sarah and I, I still should have told her. It’s to far back to tell her now right? Forget about telling her, I can’t hurt the girl I’ve loved for so long, and tell her about my one stupid drunk night mistake. She would hate me. Not to mention she thinks I’m a virgin, so I can’t let this stupid mistake ruin everything we’ve been through. Also, Delilah didn’t want anyone to know about Ben, I’m not going to throw Ben and Delilah under the bus and sacrifice my relationship with Sarah, I love her too much. Not a one person knows about Delilah and I, I plan to keep it that way. I was brought to my attention by Mrs. Robertson telling everyone were home. 

“Babe” I shook her a bit. 

“Baby” I saw her smile, and snuggle closer, I knew what that meant, she wanted me to carry her. I grabbed her from the car and cradled her into the house. 

“Where just going to head to bed Niall, you and Sarah are welcome to do eat or watch a movie or something of that nature” Mr. Robertson told her, clearly meaning only those activities. I laughed a bit and answered.