Chapter 30. Spilling Over the Edge.

Chapter 30.  Spilling Over the Edge. 

Niallers POV

I walked through the automatic doors of the hospital room, guilt and uneasiness washing threw. I turned the corner colliding into a petite, blonde haired nurse. 

“Oh sorry ma’am! Do you know where room 278 is?” I asked a bit panic stricken. 

“Next level and to your right.” She pointed to the elevator. 

“Thanks.” I gave a brief grin and headed for the elevator. 

As the elevator pushed off from the ground, the nauseating feeling set in, not just because I already don’t like elevators, but Sarah. That’s all that was circling through my mind. Making the gears turn and feelings threatening to spill over and let the tears come rushing out. 

Ding!

The doors slid open and allowed me to walk through. I strutted down the white hallway, sweat developed across my brow and my palms got clammy. 

274, 275, 276, 277.… I counted each room mentally, finally I reached 278. 

I took a deep breath and turned the door handle. It made a clicking sound and I slowly peered around the door. There was a curtain, but I could see a short man with snowy white hair, and a short stubble on his face and chin. 

“Are you Donavan?” My voice was stridency.

He looked up from his phone and answered. 

“Yes, Sir” His voice filled the room.

“Is she okay?” I took a step into the hospital room.

“Hard to tell at this stage, the doctors are doing everything in their power to make her comfortable.” He looked at me sympathetically. 

My body grew numb and fear of losing the love of my life grew larger and caused me to let out a small tear. I wiped it away hoping the man didn’t see it. I turned the corner of the curtain to see my girlfriend. Her forehead was stitched up and she had a black eye. Her hair was damp from the snow that I predicted melted in her hair. Her arm was in a cast and the other hooked up to an IV, the rest of Sarah was covered in a white hospital blanket. I walked over to her and touched her cheek gently. I felt her smooth skin warm underneath mine, I glided my finger down her face letting my stray tears fall aimlessly down my cheeks landing on my shirt, not caring anyone saw. 

“What happened?” I stated turning around to the man sitting in the chair. 

“Well, I met her in the market shopping. Then I ended up leaving at the same time she had, I pulled out of my parking spot and didn’t know her car was in front of me, The light turned green, so she went. Then all of a sudden a giant semi truck came speeding down the highway unable to stop before he collided into Sarah’s car. I saw it roll over and I pulled over and went to help her. I called 911 first and went to her car. She was out of the passenger seat and on the other side of the car, the one that was tipped over. I saw her moving and climbed in. I pulled her out and….” He looked down at his shirt and sighed. 

“She was pretty bad, the ambulance got there and took her away. I found her phone lying on the concrete, and saw that you were calling. I didn’t get there in time so I called you back. By then I went to the hospital to return all her important belongings, I felt scared that she was alone, so I called her family from her phone too, they should be on there way any minute. I’m really sorry Niall.” He got up from his chair and peered out the window. He sighed again and looked at me with sad eyes. 

“Thank you” I stated quietly. I was a bit shocked Donavan helped my girlfriend, he did everything from call 911 to pulling her out of the car. 

“My pleasure, my job is to help people. So if you don’t mind, I wish you the best and God Bless you, I will be leaving now. Sarah will be in my prayers.” And just like that, Dovavan left. Giving me no contact to reach him or even give him money for helping Sarah, nada, zilch, nothing. I got up from my chair and opened the door of the room running out of the room to catch Donavan. 

“Donavan!” I called. 

“Donavan.” I caught up to a man that looked just like Donavan, but it wasn’t. 

“Sorry, sir.” I ran down the hall way and asked the lady at the desk if she saw a man just like Donavan. 

Nope. 

There HAS to be some way of finding him. I looked out the window to see if any cars were pulling out, none. This is so crazy, a man can’t just get up and vanish into thin air, where the hell did he go? 

I gave up and returned back into the room wear Sarah was. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________