Chapter 9. It's NOT A Date

Chapter 9. It’s NOT A Date.

Sarah’s POV

How could I have been so stupid? I thought to myself. I could of easily of said no. I kept battling with the situation I solemnly got myself into, all the way back to my dorm. Shelbee was up and in the shower and I threw all my crap against the wall and it bounced on to my bed, not a caring bone in my body at this point. I opened up the balcony door and stepped outside into the fall air. It was kind of chilly for a September morning, that’s okay I like it. I sat on the deck chair and exhaled, I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them. ‘How could I have let this happen?’ I wish I could just take everything back, and just kept on walking and non of this shit would of happened. I fidgeted with the end of my charm bracelet, out of habit. Just then Shelbee opens the sliding door with a happy smile on her face.

“How’d it go?” She asked. I took a deep breath and pulled my beanie off my head. 

“Couldn’t of gone better, Shel” I told her, sarcasm dripping out of my sentence. 

“What happened?” 

“Well, I don’t exactly know. I just couldn’t bring myself to say no when Niall invited me to the café to ‘sort things out’ today.” I ran my hand threw my hair.

“Why are you stressing about it Sar? At least he is willing to apologize.” She was right. Shelbee sat down in the deck chair next to me and crossed her legs.

“Because, I haven’t seen him in years and HE left.” I emphasized on the ‘he’.

“Yeah, Yeah I know. But…Is he cute at least?” She teased.

“DON’T ASK ME THAT!!I …Don’t …know” I laughed.

I thought he was pretty attractive, but there was no way in hell I was going to tell her that. She would NEVER let me live it down.

“What? I have to know these things” She joked. I rolled my eyes playfully and she started in again.

“So when are you going on this date of yours?” 

“It is NOT a date Shelbee….and oneish” I smirked.

“Call it what you want Sarah, but it sounds like a D.A.T.E. to me. Come on, you have to be interested  in him just a little bit.” She tried persuading me.

I haven’t really thought about that, considering we have been best friends as kids and we haven’t even encountered each other in years. Niall would have to do some pretty good convincing if that were to even be an option. 

“Eh, I don’t know. If it’s meant to be then its meant to be. But as of right now, I’m sticking to school”  I said giving it a lot of thought. 

“I know I know.” Shel added.

I looked at my phone screen for the time, 12:30pm. I wasn’t supposed to meat him till about one, so I had ventured inside informing Shel at the same time.

“Hey I’m going to spiff up a bit, alright?” 

“Yeah alright that’s fine, I am going to head out to the library though, I have some stuff I need to study for tomorrow” She said getting up from the chair.

“ Okay” and we went our separate ways.

I walked into the bathroom to check my appearance before I went to see Niall. I re-curled my hair and fixed all the make up that had somehow faded throughout the day. I adjusted the Beanie back on my head and put my curls in the correct place to make it look alright. I grabbed my phone and locked up the dorm .