Chapter 17. Coming Clean and The Pizzeria.

Chapter 17.

.Niall’s POV.

It has been about 2 days since Sarah officially had a normal conversation with me. Something’s wrong and I can tell, she isn’t being herself. Thank god I was finally coming back to New York in about 3 days, and I’ll wait for her to get done with school so we can go back home for Christmas break together.

“Hey lad, what’s on your mind?” Liam walked up to me leaning against the counter I was sitting on.

“Nothing really, I’m kind of worried about Sar.” I answered

“Mate, I’m sure she’s fine. Why are you worried about her?”

“She hasn’t really had a decent conversation with me in about 2 days” I bit my lip, thinking about it some more. Liam is right, I shouldn’t be worried, but I just couldn’t bring myself to not do so.

“Try calling her again now, maybe because she had her midterms this week and she was studying for them and she might not have had a lot of time, Niall. Now it should be around 9:10ish at night where she’s at, call her again, it’s worth a try” He spoke making a lot of sense, she did have her midterms this week, I pondered on the statement some more.

“If you say so, I don’t think I will get much of a conversation out of her though, just saying” I told him. I removed my phone from my pocket and dialed her number. It rang for about a minute and her voice came through the other line.

“Hey Sarah! What ya up to?” I asked, happy to hear her voice.

“Nothing just got into bed, Shelbee is past out.” She chuckled through the phone. Liam waved his hand in the air signaling me to keep up the conversation.

“Cool, So you have a little bit to talk?” I asked licking my bottom lip.

“Yeah for a little while, Why? what’s up babe?” She questioned.

“Well, it kind of, maybe, possibly, seems like your avoiding me a bit lately” I took a deep breath not wanting to start anything.

“I’m Sorry Nialler! I assure you, I’m not! I have just been so busy.” She stated.

“I understand, just a week left love. Then we are headed back home.” I smiled. Liam walked out of the room basically saying ‘I worked my magic, I’m done. Goodbye’. I waved and he vanished into the hallway.

“I know, this is so exciting. I can’t Wait.” I could tell she was smiling because her voice changed whenever she smiled light heartedly.

“You know Niall, I have something to tell you.” She seemed a bit more flustered and nervous now. I just new she was biting her lip and looked all over the room avoiding the sentence as she dreaded telling me.

“Yeah?” I said flatly.

“Babe, remember those sirens you heard the other night when I was on the phone with you?”

I breathed, my palms began to sweat.

“Yes, Sarah…what’s going on?” I rubbed my hands on the sides of my jeans.

“Well, I headed to Rose’s flat and retrieved her safe for her.”

“What about it? Sarah?! Was Kenny there?! What did he do to you?!” I almost shouted as my nerves hit a new breaking point.

“Niall, CHILL OUT. I am here, just fine and HE is in jail.” I could tell she went outside because I could hear the traffic. I was about ready to jump and go attack the fucking basted that messed with my girl.