loosing him

"come in" you said expecting it to be colby. " oh jake" you said while sitting up. " i don't wanna sound mean or hurt you... again, but colby's gonna talk to me soon and i don't want him to see us together again."
jake : " i talked to colby, i told him i wanted to talk to you right now"
y/n : " oh" you said looking down
     jake walked to the side of your bed. he sat down.
jake : " listen y/n" " i love you" " i don't wanna hurt you anymore than i already have"
y/n : "so what are you saying?" you said nervously
jake : " what you said to me earlier was kinda true" " you're life would be so much easier if i'm not in it"
y/n : " jake no" you said tearing up
jake : " what happened the other night scared the crap out of me y/n... i was scared for you, i thought they were going to do something to you... and they could have" " i thought i was going to loose you" he said tearing up. " i think that you're life would be less confusing if i wasn't in it" " at least not relationship wise"
y/n : " jake" you started crying. " i can't live without you" " you can't leave me"
jake : " i can't live without you either... i love you".... "hell y/n, i'm in love with you" " but i don't wanna hurt you anymore"
y/n : " jake this is hurting me, if you leave me i'll be hurt forever"
jake : " i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i left you" " so i'm not" " i'm going to let you be with colby"
y/n : "jake..."
jake : " i love you y/n and it's hurting me"
      jake got up from your bed. you grabbed his wrist. tears were falling down your face.
" jake please" you cried
     jake kissed you. long and passionately. you knew that that was going to be your last kiss. jake touched your face and then turned his back and walked out the door.

    you immediately fell to the floor. the amount of hurt that was filling your body was unbearable. your heart ached in so much pain. it was one of the worst feelings you have ever experienced.

     jake wasn't gone forever. you two would still be friends, but not as close anymore and you knew it. nothing will ever be the same again. you ached even more when those thoughts were going through your head.

   tears kept falling and falling. nonstop. your door opened it was colby. he reached for you but you pushed him off. you didn't want to see him right now, you blamed colby for this. "y/n"
he said softly. " leave me alone" you yelled.

     you stormed past him and walked into the bathroom. you locked yourself in there.

     there were so many emotions going through you. you knew it wasn't colby's fault but he's the only person you could blame besides yourself.  you only wanted one person in that moment. jake.

     you touched your lips. that was the last thing jake left behind. you sat in the bathroom for a very long time. you eventually had fallen asleep.  you woke up in the middle of the night on the cold floor. you were shivering.

    you got up and unlocked the door. you walked back to your room. you looked in your closet for something warm. you saw jakes hoodie. you stole it from him a week ago. it was his black no name hoodie. you took it of the hanger and put it on. it smelt just like him.

    it was oversized and felt like jake was hugging you. which made you tear up a little but you stopped yourself from crying. you checked your phone it was 2:30 am.

    you crawled into your bed. you instantly fell asleep.

     you were awoken by the sound of loud talking. you checked your phone it was 12pm. you sighed. you sat up. you saw something on your desk. you walked over to it. it was a rose with a note. the note said

  " i know you might not want to talk to me right now but just know i'm always here for you, please talk to me when you wake up" - colby

    you smiled a little. you smelled the rose. even after all the things that happened between you and colby he was still a sweetheart.

    you wanted to see and talk to him. you walked over to his room. you knocked on the door. "y/n?" you heard from the other side of the door. you didn't want to speak so you just opened it. "hey" he walked up to you

  he gave you a tight hug. you didn't let go. you didn't want to. it felt so good. you two were standing there for a long time.
   you finally released.

  " you okay" colby said biting the inside of his cheek"  you nodded and gave him a small smile.
     " thank you for the rose" you said softly
"you're welcome" he said bringing you in for another hug. this time it was shorter.

  " i'm gonna go use the bathroom" you giggled. "okay" colby smiled

   you walked to the bathroom. you knocked on the door before hand to make sure no one was in there. you heard silence from the other end so you opened the door.

     on your side of the bathroom there was a black box. it said " to y/n". you smiled. you figured it was another present from colby.

   you opened the box. it was a silver necklace. it had the letter "j" on it. there was a note in the box. it said " i was going to give this to you yesterday" " i hope you like it" - jake

you teared up. you loved the necklace. you put it around your neck. a few tears fell down your face. " do you like it" you heard someone whisper. you realized that you left the bathroom door opened.