Chapter 31: The Demon King

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai

Merlin POV*

We were looking at Meliodas who had now become the new Demon King.

Elizabeth asked "Meliodas... is that really you?".

Meliodas said "You sure went through a whole lot, didn't you, Elizabeth... and... The Eight Deadly Sins!! That rare beast as well.".

Hawk asked "Rare?".

Elizabeth said "You're not Meliodas... who are you?".

We all looked at Meliodas in shock.

Zeldris said "Meliodas...!! I kept my end of the bargain... it's your turn to keep your promise now! Tell me where Gelda is!".

Meliodas asked "Oh, Zeldris... your heart is still bound by that bloodsucking vampire of a woman? Not only Meliodas, but you as well... I'm utterly dumbfounded at how you could allow yourselves to become like this.". 

Diane said "That tone... it really isn't the captain, is it...?!".

Hawk said "Meliodas has never once called me a rare beast!!".

Elizabeth said "I knew it...".

I turned to Elizabeth and said "Sis-sis... this is bad...".

Zeldris asked "Th... this can't be...!! What are you doing in Meliodas's body...?! Father!! What's going on here?! Didn't you say that you were going to make Meliodas the new king...?!".

The Demon King asked "Did you really think I would allow a traitor like that to take the throne?! All I wanted was a fresh, young, powerful body. The Commandments were fragments of my power. He who absorbs them shall become The Demon King. In other words... they will become my new vessel for me to inhabit!! Though I had to admit. I thought it'd get to the point where I would have to use (Y/N) as my host body because for a moment there I thought you all would stop Meliodas.".

Escanor shielded me as we readied to fight The Demon King.

Elizabeth demanded The Demon King to leave Meliodas's body.

The Demon King said granting the dearest request of his son is the duty of a father. 

The Demon King then said he would break Elizabeth's curse only to kill her as brutally as possible in order to make Meliodas suffer.

The Demon King went to attack Elizabeth but Gowther pulled her towards me and I created a 'Perfect Cube' to shield us from The Demon King.

I also created a 'Perfect Cube' for Hawk who started running over to us.

I turned to King and Diane and said "King!! Diane!! Remember, magical attacks won't work against The Demon King!!".

Diane said "Got it.".

Mael assisted King and Diane as they attacked The Demon King.

I noticed that none of their attacks had any success of hitting The Demon King.

The Demon King broke through my 'Perfect Cube' and I was knocked to the ground.

The Demon King hit them all back and went after Hawk.

The Demon King grabbed Hawk and was about to squish him to death but I saw Ban arrive and grab Hawk. 

They stared off for a bit until Ban threw Hawk over to us and said to take care of him.

King said "Ban! No matter how immortal you are, there's nothing you can do against him all on your own!!".

Ban said he wasn't immortal anymore.