Chapter 21: The Journey Ahead

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai

(Y/N) POV*

I was sitting at a table with Gowther, King(Drunk), and Escanor(Weak) and we were talking.

King(Drunk)(Pudgy) slurred out "Whassamatta wicchu Gowfee~? Why aintcha drinkin~? Wut~ m... my beer ain't good'nuff for ya~?!".

I turned to Gowther who said "As I've already explained 11 times before... I am a doll, and I cannot drink alcohol. More importantly... if you end up getting wasted now... I don't think you'll make it to the party tonight...".

I agreed with Gowther about the no drinking.

Escanor(Weak) said "Gowther... Shhhhh...!!".

King(Drunk) shrunk down and said "I... you know... I just wanted... to kinda... break the ice between us a bit... get to know you a bit more... but I have no idea... what to say...".

Gowther asked "So you wanted to borrow some liquid courage?".

I laughed a little at that.

Escanor(Weak) said "Wow... you've gotten sharper, Gowther.".

King(Drunk) got pudgy again and said "I j... just wanted to be frank and completely honest with you... just once... uuu...".

Gowther said "By the way... in one hour from now, the likelihood that you will remember this conversation is less that 5%".

I thought about it and nodded my head in agreement with Gowther.

King(Drunk) shrunk down and shouted "Just lemme say this!! I... I still ha... haven't forgiven everything that you've done!!".

Gowther looked down and said "...yes... I know...".

Escanor(Weak) stood up and said "Now... settle down, King...".

King passed out on the table.

Gowther waved his finger and used his 'Search Light' on King.

After a bit Gowther said "King still dislikes me... it's only to be expected... after the horrible things I did to the woman most precious to him...".

Escanor(Weak) said "...It's alright. King is a kind person.".

Gowther said "I want to be a good doll. If I do that... maybe... just maybe... King... and the rest of The Eight Deadly Sins... might start to like me...".

Escanor(Weak) said "Gowther... I like you.".

Gowther said "Thank you, Escanor.".

Escanor(Weak) then said "Alright then, let's look after King together.".

I watched as King was helped up by Gowther and Escanor(Weak).

King knocked Escanor(Weak)'s glasses off and Escanor started to buff up.

Escanor(Muscled Up) shouted "Impertint... scoundrel~!!!!".

I did nothing but take a sip of my beer. 

Escanor(Muscled Up) shouted "Making someone as great as me look after...".

Gowther put Escanor's glasses back on.

Escanor(Muscled Up) shrunk down into his weak self.

Escanor(Weak) squatted down and said "Yikes~ that was a close one! If these magic glasses Merlin gave me fall off, things end up pretty hairy pretty quick~ anyways, let's look after King...".

Gowther said "Well, at least one good thing came out of this.".

They both helped King up and walked out of the bar.