Chapter 26: The Pacifier Demon

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai

Merlin POV*

I was sitting by (Y/N)'s bed holding her hand.

It turned to night in a instant and I said "Someone has engulfed the entire region with their magic!! Everybody, be ready for an attack at any time!!".

Hawk said "M... M... Merlin!!". 

I turned to see a little old man.

Hawk asked "Wh... Wh... Where the heck did that old man come from?!".

The old man was sobbing as he said "Ohhh...!! My... sweet, sweet young Master Meliodas!! Being locked away in a place like this... how sad... poor thing... but don't worry, we'll be going home together with (Y/N)... right now.".

I was taken by surprise that he knew (Y/N)

Elizabeth "Wh... Who are you...?!".

The old man said "OOOH? It's you! the insolent Goddess that kidnapped the Young Master!! I'm gonna kill you!!!".

Zeldris POV*

Cusack said "It truly is a shame...".

I asked "What is?".

Cusack said "I wanted to test myself out against those Eight Deadly Sins...".

I said "Then why didn't you go with Chandler.".

Cusack said "He said he was gonna take care of it. But my greatest, most important mission is the protection of you, Prince Zeldris.".

I said "You're as overbearing and suffocating as ever, Cusack.".

Cusack said "I am honored by your praise.".

I said "I wasn't praising you...".

I sighed and said "Do not take The Eight Deadly Sins... They are not just any ordinary rowdy gang...".

Cusack said "Do not worry... Like a true Demon, he will suckle them down to their very bone marrow... that cold, cruel relentless battle lust of his has not changed, even now... The Pacifier Demon is in top shape...".

Merlin POV*

The old man said "Goddess Elizabeth, laden deep with sin... the nasty feline who stole my dear Young Master Meliodas away from me... I will never... ever... ever... ever... ever... forgive you!".

He tapped his cane on the 'Perfect Cube' and used 'Absolute Cancel' to make the 'Perfect Cube' disappear.

Hawk shouted "H... He popped Merlin's barrier as if I was just a soap bubble!!".

I said "So he can use 'Absolute Cancel'... this is not an opponent to be taken lightly.".

I sent a magic seal his way but he used 'Full Counter'.

I asked "That technique is Meliodas's...!! ...But how?!".

He asked "What did you expect? After all, I'm the one who taught 'Full Counter' to the Young Master!!".

I felt my seal hit me and take effect and I turned into a child-like form.

My sacred treasure hit the ground and rolled around.

The old man asked "Hmph... magic seal, was it? Unfortunately you were the one that ended up being sealed... and it appears the magic you had cast upon yourself has been dispelled now, hmm?".

I crawled out of my clothes and he said "So, that's your original form...? Quite adorable, aren't you? Hohoho!!".

I looked at my hand and said "For this to happen to me, of all people...!".