Chapter 24: Aftermath

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai

Merlin POV*

We all neared the 'Perfect Cube'.

I used 'Absolute Cancel' on the 'Perfect Cube' taking it down.

I levitated Meliodas's body.

We all then turned our attentions to the burning (Y/N).

I used 'Absolute Cancel' on the 'Hell Blaze' burning her.

Gowther pulled the spears and sword out of her and picked her smoldering corpse up in a bridal style like fashion.

We all then started to head back to 'The Boar Hat'

When we were on the bridge, Diane asked "Hey, Merlin... What happened to the Dimensional Distortion that was covering Camelot?".

I said "The Distortion has already been removed. By wiping out Melascula's magic, who created the barrier in the first place, the Distortion was dispelled.".

Gowther asked "Which means that now we can finally make our way up to Camelot, right?"

King said "Yes... but with the captain and (Y/N) in this condition...".

Elizabeth asked "Merlin, please... let me heal Meliodas... at the very least, just a little bit.".

I said "If his wounds get healed, he'll attack us on the spot. When that happens, who will be able to stop him...?".

Escanor laughed a little and said "I'll rough him up as many times as it takes!".

Diane cheered "Escanor, the strongest man alive! He can handle anything!".

Escanor turned to Diane and asked "What?!".

Diane nervously asked "Huh?! Did I say something wrong?".

Escanor said "N... Not at all! I was just surprised because you said something so foolish. Isn't that right, Merlin...".

I turned to him and said "You're the one trying to act all tough right now.".

I floated over to him and Escanor asked "What are you talking about, Merlin?".

I punched Escanor's chest.

After a moment, Escanor fell down to the ground.

King shouted "E... Escanor?!".

Hawk said "No way!!".

Diane said "Merlin defeated Escanor with just one punch~?!".

In The Boar Hat Moments Later*

Meliodas was laying in a bed with Elizabeth by his side.

Escanor was laying on a bed.

Gowther set (Y/N) down on a bed.

I said "...To be perfectly honest, our situation is dire. The damage Escanor and (Y/N) suffered is much greater than the captain.".

Meliodas sat up and I hit him with 'Shock Stinger'.

Elizabeth asked me to stop but I couldn't.

I said "Elizabeth, move away from there. I'm going to encase Meliodas in my 'Perfect Cube'.".

Elizabeth said "That won't solve anything!!"

I said "We're in a race against time right now!!".

Elizabeth said "Merlin... please.".

I said "No!! We need to isolate him immediately...".

Elizabeth then said "Then lock me in together with him...!!".

I said "Fine...".

Elizabeth said "Thank you, Merlin.".

I said "However... I will be staying by your side to keep watch... just in case the worst should happen.".

Diane said "But... Now it's not just the captain, Escanor, or (Y/N), but even Merlin and Elizabeth will be away from the front lines... What are we supposed to do now...?".

I turned to them and said "You will head towards Camelot just as planned. Our mission, as The Eight Deadly Sins, is to free Camelot from the control of the Ten Commandments, and liberate the people of Liones!! ...Above all else, now that Elizabeth's memories of her past lives have returned, we only have three days remaining. We have no time to just stand here and do nothing!! During the two days left until we reach Camelot, while we wait for (Y/N) and Escanor to recover I will think of a way to return the captain to normal. Of course, it is altogether possible that Zeldris and his Demon followers may attack us... So King, Diane, Gowther... you are the only ones we can count on...".

They left to head outside and standby for any attackers.

I took a seat by (Y/N)'s bed and held her hand for emotional support.

She started to heal bit by bit until her entire body was healed.