Chapter 30: Prelude

I Do Not Own Nanatsu No Taizai

Later In The Day*

Merlin POV*

We were in Camelot entering Meliodas's 'Dark Domain'.

When we landed we saw Zeldris, Chandler, and Cusack walking over to us.

We left Gilthunder and Hendrickson as we walked over to face off with them.

Zeldris said "Leader of The Four Archangels, The Daughter of Belialuin, and the man who defeated our brother Estarossa, Escanor. We won't let you interfere with Meliodas.".

We came face to face with the three others.

I faced off with Cusack.

Reuduciel faced off with Zeldris.

And Escanor faced off with Chandler.

Reuduciel said "I believe this is our first ever seeing each other face-to-face.".

Zeldris said "And it will be the last.".

Escanor took a swing at Chandler but Chandler blocked it with his cane.

Chandler yelled "I will kill anyone who poses a threat to the young master!".

I said "Not going to happen.".

I used 'Double Impact' on them but it had no effect on them.

Cusack and Chandler charged towards me but Escanor blocked them.

Cusack and Chandler charged towards me again.

Escanor yelled "Merlin!".

I snapped my fingers which caused Chandler and Cusack to fly back.

Zeldris and Reuduciel fought each other at blinding speeds I could barely keep track of.

At one point Reuduciel cut Zeldris which earned a yell from Cusack. 

Cusack almost hit Reuduciel but Hendrickson pulled her out of the way of his attack.

Zeldris took a stance which made Cusack and Chandler back away in fear.

Zeldris channeled darkness around him.

He held up his sword and used 'Ominous Nebula'.

We were all pulled towards him and he hit us all back.

He then pulled us back again.

I stopped Hendrickson and Gilthunder from getting closer to Zeldris.

Reuduciel got closer to Zeldris but was hit back by Zeldris.

Reuduciel was pulled closer to Zeldris again but she landed on Escanor's back.

I looked at them and said "They're like old friends...".

Reuduciel turned to me and asked "Merlin! What's the real story behind his magic?!".

I said "At present, I've confirmed three attributes of his 'Ominous Nebula'... it generates a force field with a powerful suction around him. It only works on living things. And our physical attacks can't reach, while we're assaulted by an unknown attack. And there's one more thing. The moves Reuduciel and I unleashed on him just before his 'Ominous Nebula' left him completely unscathed. That means magical attackers are impotent too! It's possible that's his other magic at work: the true identity behind The Demon King. Not only are his attacks impossible to defend against, but neither physical attacks nor magical attacks work on him. I think this battle may turn out to be tougher than we'd imagined.".