Chapter 29 Part 3

Chapter 29

“So how are things with you and Saxon?”  Kia asked, we were both on the mattress looking at the ceiling and rubbing our overly stuffed stomachs. We had a stuffing competition and I won, unfortunately.

“I don't know,” I answered after thinking over it for a while. “What’s wrong?” She asked moving so she could look at me. I sighed and turned over so I was on my stomach, it was really uncomfortable but it soothed away after a while and became comfortable.

“There are these moments where I can see how we could belong together but there are also those moments were I feel like we are everything but meant to be.” I frowned remembering everything that had happened already.

“I had this dream a while ago, it was like I was dreaming memories... if that even makes sense. It was a dream where I was holding this baby boy but I wasn’t in control of the dream I could only observe and anyways, it opened its eyes and they were this bloody red. Saxon said I should stay away from it but I wouldn't listen...” I trailed off, the memory of the dream scaring me.

“I'm so sorry Emily, and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to say.” Kia said sitting up, I sat up too and she suddenly grabbed me into a hug. “They are not going to stop Em, not until you remember everything.” She said sadly. I don't know why but it suddenly brought me to tears.

I cried for who knows how long, all the tears I kept bottled up just came bursting out. I cried and Kia held me, she flicker her hand and the DVD player started. I chuckled a bit wiping the tears away as ‘How to train your dragon’ came on.

“I know how you hate stories that make you cry so I thought what the heck lets watch all the funnies, and don't worry I got a few horrors too.” I smiled and hugged her tightly. “I'm sorry for ruining your shirt.” There was a large wet stain on her shoulder where I cried.

“Don’t worry about it, we are even now.” She joked and pushed the pillows up behind us so we could lean on them. “I haven’t cried like that in a while.” I whispered looking at her. “You had the right to cry like that, you have been through a lot, I actually expected it to happen before...you're stronger.” She complimented, I think.

I snuggled into the pillows getting comfortable to watch the movie when Kia groaned and stood up. “I swear that boy is suppose to be a girl.” She muttered and walked towards the door, but didn't open it enough. “Go to bed and leave us girls be. You can see her tomorrow.” Kia ordered and shooed him away.

I looked at her confused and she smiled, sitting down again. “He felt you, your bond is growing again.” She explained, I nodded not actually wanting to know anything else, I had enough on my plate as it is.

*

“Black or pink?” Kia asked holding up the two colours to me, “Uh both,” I said unsure, I don't actually know what you’re supposed to do at a slumber party-slash-girl’s night thingy. Kia was painting my toes while I was painting hers, it was actually fun, neither of us could actually do it so we ended up painting our toes more than the nail.

“What’s the time?” I mumbled sleepily, stifling a yawn. Kia yawned and looked down at her watch. “My eyes are too tired to read.” She mumbled, curling up under the covers and closing her eyes. We both were so tired, we did each other’s nails, watched about three movies, played monopoly and then watched another movie and we were both too tired to even move.

Kia was completely knocked out, she was adorable when she sleeps. I stood up and went to the bathroom, I had way too much to drink and my bladder was about to explode. I made my way to the bathroom blindly, too lazy to turn on the lights. After doing my business in there I made my way back only to bump into someone.