Book 2: By His Side: Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I was so wrong when I thought school was just going to be a breeze and nothing more. Amelia was telling the truth when she said this school is nothing like my previous school but what she failed to mention was that most of the classes were physical classes.

When the class started filling up with kids I was suddenly the main attraction. No one dared walk up to me, not sure what I was or what I am capable of. They took their seats but that didn't stop the gossip and stares I was getting.

There were different supernaturals in the class, some you could recognize easily but other you had to work on discovering what they are. I tried ignoring the shouts I was getting to show off my powers. The teacher walked in and I groaned.

“I should have known,” I grumbled under my breath as Frank walked in. I glared at him, he caught me and just winked. “How about the new student introduces herself?” I had to swallow down some harsh words as I stood up and shot a heated look towards Frank before turning towards the class.

“I'm Ellie James, I'm new.” I kept it short and sat down, Frank smiled and just said welcome to me and called attention to the rest of the class. I pulled at the ripped stockings I was wearing while Frank which I discovered was a copy of Frank and not the real Frank, the eye colour gave it away.

I was still focused on my own thoughts and looking down when the same feeling kept nagging at me, I knew exactly what that feeling meant and I hated it. I could feel their eyes boring into me, I looked up in the direction I felt the nagging coming from and nearly chocked on air.

Holly was sitting a few rows down, glaring at me but her eyes were studying me. I wish I could just rub this in her face and get her back for all the shit she has always given me but decided against it and just left her, there is no way she can possible realize it me even if my surname is a dead giveaway.

The history was actually not as interesting as I hoped it would be, they were learning about humans and to my dislike; everyone was intrigued by this and even Holly was paying attention. I huffed and leaned back in the chair, just letting the words of Frank float around me.

I would have liked it if my escape was more like a vacation to a remote island, or to some exotic place where there was no drama but instead I have been trapped behind the gates and my only escape is a week at a school for the supernatural and those who discovered the whereabouts of those creatures and decided to stay.

“You shouldn't be so relaxed,” A male voice whispered into my reverie. I sat up straighter and looked to my right to see a guy dressed in jeans and a blue shirt with a sun burst tattoo on the side of his neck. I tried scanning through my memory to try and remember what supernatural being he might be but came up empty.

I left my thoughts and decided to rather just be casual. “Why not?” I whispered back, looking around to see that everyone was deeply engrossed in the lesson. Jeez, not even the nerds at my old school acted like this in a lesson.

He looked around swiftly and then leaned in closer. “If she discovers you're not abiding her, she’ll focus on pushing you down.” What was this guy going on about? Did he lose his marbles somewhere? I'm sure I can help him find them again if he will show me where he last had them.

“Who is she?” I asked, not really carrying what was going on, I'm here for a week so I don't need to care. “Her name is Kirsty she is the one making everyone pay such close attention and be so obedient.” I snorted at that.

“If she is, why are you talking to me and why doesn’t it have an effect on me?” I snapped back, getting a bit irritated that even here they were afraid of those higher than them. Will people ever learn that it doesn’t matter who or what you are, you can do anything no matter what?