Chapter 1

[None of the chapters are proof read, I apologize for any mistakes.]
[Also English is not my native language]

Emily's POV

“You know, if this is true. He will choose a mate by midnight tomorrow.” Mia said as she chewed on a piece of celery. I looked up from my book and watched her as she chewed thoughtfully on it, I was so sick of this, but I listened anyway to keep her happy.

“I heard Holly and her shanks talk about going over to his mansion tomorrow, I think they are expecting he would choose one of them as his next mate.” Mia went on, “They must have forgotten that he feels a pull towards his new mate each ten years. Mr Willow said that he is still on search of his true mate and that the reason he keeps taking new mates after ten years is because he can't find her. He also said something about this book that has his true mates life written in it, and that only his true mate and he himself can read from the book.”

“Mia, if he has a book about his true mate, why doesn’t he just go look for her? It’s just stories nothing else, if he would just walk out of this small town he might find her.” I muttered to her, returning my attention back to my book. I really don’t want to know anything about Saxon Conner White, everyone talks enough about him to fill my space.

“Emily, why do you dislike him so much?” Mia questioned, shutting my book I looked up at her. This was the first time I actually said anything bad about him in public, usually I would amuse her and say things about him, she would have wanted me to say but she knew I didn't like him.

Her eyes were narrowed towards me, her lips in a straight line as she waited for me to explain myself. Signing, I leaned back in my chair watching her, “Maybe because he finds a girl, sleeps with her for ten years straight and then when she dies of who knows what, he searched for a new one. Don’t you find it suspicious that he always chooses a mate on the exact same date?” Her face turned thoughtful, “on my birthday to be exact.” I mumbled under my breath. My aunt had me change my birthday because it was on that idiot’s mate-night.

“What did you say?” Mia asked moving closer to me. I shook my head, “nothing,” her eyes studied me for a while and then she nodded as if receiving an answer that was written on my face. “Anyway like I was saying, Mr Willow’s class today is all about him.” Her face turned dreamy again like it always did when she started talking about HIM.

To be honest, I don’t actually know why I dislike him so much. My aunt hates him with everything inside her, her hatred must have rubbed off on me. I guess you're wondering what happened to my parents and why I keep talking about mates, right? Well, I'm Emily for starters, my parents were killed right after I was born and my aunt has been my mother figure since then.

We live in a small town called MortaVilliani weird name I know but hey, I have lived here all my life and its home to me. I never felt the need to be anywhere else. And the IT everyone is raving about Saxon Connor White is well, to be honest we don’t actually know what he is some say a vampire, others a werewolf and then there are those claiming he is an angel... who knows what he is, no one ever sees the real side of him. We do see him around, like the mall or on the streets but he looks human so he must be something human right? I wouldn't know because I never actually saw him in person. Anyway I hardly give him any of my attention for two reasons, I dislike him and because he is always surrounded by girls begging him to bang them. Sad isn’t it.

The bell rang and I got up, shaking off my thoughts as I grabbed my book and bag and waved at Mia as I headed to Mr Willow’s class, I really didn't want to be here right now, I really don’t need to hear anything related to that thing! I was slammed into a locker, Holly and her shanks smiled at me and walked into the class. How I would love to connect my fist with her face, shrugged off the pain in my shoulder I walked into class and sat down in the back like always.