Book 2: By His Side: Chapter 16

Chapter 16

“And you are sure?” He asked, his face to the side, eyes closed as he held out a towel for me. His reaction was anything but what I expected. He had gone silent, thinking and then slowly his head started nodding that he agreed with my ‘theory’ as he said and then we were talking more about things that have happened lately and how he always seems to disappear.

“I'm sure,” I said, wrapping the towel around me, I slapped Saxon’s chest when he tried to sneak a peek. I squealed as he grabbed my butt and turned me into him, his hand still on my butt. I felt a bit breathless and confused, but I had no time thinking about how confused I was as Saxon’s lips started assaulting mine.

It started out like a little heated kiss but turned into one hell of a heated passionate kiss, Saxon scooped me up and walked over to his bed, placing me gently onto the bed and followed after, our lips never leaving one another.

I giggled as his hand travelled up my leg stopping shy of the rim of the towel I was wearing, his other hand gripping the top half of the towel as he wanted to loosen it. His lips left mine, evoking a heated trail down my neck, he kissed around the top of the towel, my hands moved to hold the towel in place as he tugged.

I wanted this, don't get me wrong but I don't want it to happen like this, not with everything going on. I heard him sigh and thought this is where he gets up and walks out, looking for someone else but instead he started kissing back up to my lips and watched me carefully, his eyes a liquid green, his pupils dilated. “I’ll have you screaming soon enough,” He whispered seductively, my mouth literally fell open, eyes wide and cheeks burning at his words.

He chuckled and closed my mouth. “I had you doing it once, I can make you do it again.” My face had to be tomato red, I was feeling past embarrassed, I was onto dying of embarrassment. “Then again, you screamed my name a lot back then.” I slapped his chest, his lips in a cocky smile. His hand travelled higher up the towel.

“Saxon.” I yelled when he wouldn't stop his hand’s movements and not even me slapping his hand to stop, helped. “Sounds about right.” Saxon chuckled causing my cheeks to heat up even more and my ears to turn red if that was possible. “I'm serious.” I mumbled, hiding my face with my hands, which only caused Saxon to laugh.

Once he stopped and pulled my hands away from my face, I scowled at him. “It nice to see you smiling again,” he said sarcastically, and kissed me, causing a smile to appear. “That’s better.” He murmured and laid down beside me, I felt a bit empty and cold without his body pressing into me, but soon forgot about that as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his embrace.

Although he didn't show it, I knew deep down from some long lost experience that he was bummed about me sort of rejecting his offer, “I'm sorry, it’s just I don't want it to happen now when it’s rushed, when we have to stress about what happens later on.” I said softly, trying not to look at him, afraid of what I might see.

“Em, look at me,” I sighed but did as he said, his eyes were soft as was the rest of his features. “I'm not sorry, I get why now isn’t the right time, I respect you for that.” His fingers brushing up and down my arm. “It was just nice to see you smile and blush for a while, you have been really stressed and worn down.” He admitted, kissing the top of my head. “Why don't you get dressed and we’ll go somewhere we can... talk.”

I nodded, catching on to what he was saying. I kissed him on the cheek and got up, gripping the towel tightly around me as I headed into my room and into the closet. I changed into a pair of jeans and a jersey, pulled my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my phone from beside the bed.