Book 2: By His Side: Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I screamed from shock as cold water landed over my body. My heart beating erratically inside my chest as my eyes focused on the three figures standing over me. Once I could probably breathe again, I tried to speak, but no sound came out beside a whimper of pain, my throat in immense pain.

“Shh, don't try to talk, it will hurt.” Kia murmured soflty, stroking my hair away from my face, Saxon did something he hasn’t done in a while and growled threateningly at Kia as he replaced the wet blankets with thicker, warm blankets.

“He’s been growling since you fell into the coma.” I tried to scream ‘what’ towards them but only caused myself more pain, gripping onto my throat in hopes the pain would fade. Saxon growled again and pushed Kia away from me, Connor growling in return to his action. “Get out,” he stated in a normal tone but the order was clear behind his words.

Once they were outside the room, Saxon turned his attention back to me, moving also to hold me in his arms as he stared ahead, my cold body cuddled up to his side. “You’ve been in a coma for two weeks, after you had your breakdown in the middle of the room in the cabin, you bumped your head really hard on the floor and have been in a coma since that moment. Kia has been feeding you some sort of herb to help speed up the time, so you would wake earlier, thus the reason you’re currently struggling with horrible pain if you try to speak.” I nodded at his explanations, glad he had explained everything I would have asked for.

After a while of silence and just sitting there, I realized that it had felt like only an hour inside the darkness when  in reality it had been two weeks. I turned towards Saxon and poked his chest with my finger. His attention returned to me, I motioned towards the window outside, the night was nearly awake in the sky and the moon was slightly visible. I made a circlular motion with my hands and then pointed back outside.

“The moon?” Saxon asked and I nodded, then with a little difficulty I finally found an object that was close to red and pointed at it, then at the stripes on his shirt and back to the red object. “stripped cushion?” I nodded and then pointed towards the cushion again, and mouthed the word ‘colour’.

“red colour?” I nodded again and then motioned towards my wrists and pointed back to the colour, mouthing the word ‘blood’. He nodded and then shrugged, “Are the objects connected?” He asked and I nodded again, motioning with my fingers, I only lifted my index finger and then with the other hand pointed towards my wrist. He nodded and then I motioned ‘2’ with my fingers and then pointed towards the red cushion and lastly to the moon.

He was thinking for a while and I began to get annoyed at how long he took but finally he had understood after several minutes had past. “Blood red moon,” he stated and I nodded pointing towards the calendar and then my wrist as if I had a watch on my wrist.

He caught up faster than I thought. “It’s in three days.” I felt my eyes widened and hoped that my hunch was correct. From what I had learned from Kia, sacrifices need to be done on a blood red moon in order to work fully without glitches. I only hoped that Callie knew this and would follow it allowing me to have a few days to fix this if possible or to stop it.

I had been trying to ask Saxon a more difficult question and was struggling, finally he got tired of guessing and walked out the room for a moment and came back with a pen and paper, I smiled gratefully and wrote down my question.

“How long will I have to wait before speaking?” He repeated my written question. “Kia is busy brewing a tea that will sooth the side effects of the herb and you’ll be able to talk within a few hours.” I nodded and then wrote another question. “Where are we? We’re still at the cabin, just in another room...” he trailed of and I tapped him, looking at him pointingly. He sighed heavily and turned his eyes back on me. “You somehow managed to use your abilities inside comatose and nearly ripped half of the place to pieces. We moved to the other bedroom.” I couldn't stop myself as the shock warped onto my face. “Everything will be okay.” He whispered as he kissed my head and moved down the bed so he was lying and pulling me with him. “Let’s just relax and wait until Kia brings the tea so we can sleep.”