Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Jayden, shush.” I hissed from behind the tipped over desk. He wouldn't stop laughing and at the rate he was going we are so going to be discovered. I gripped the paintball gun tighter in my hand and sneaked a peak over the desk.

We were divided into teams of two, there were four teams and each team had a corner for themselves along with a few desks to create a fort and then the rest of the desks were shattered around to be used either to sneak up on someone or hide behind.

“Emily, we can hear you,” Dylan taunted from behind a desk somewhere; I couldn’t see anyone as I scanned my eyes across the room. Swallowing down a giggle I sat back down, my back leaning against the desk again.

I looked over at Jayden and shook my head, he was playing guitar on the paintball gun. And the gun was pointed at his face, this can only end badly I thought. “Hey Em, have you seen those new t-shirts at Boo’s?” Anna asked.

“No,” I replied. Anna was sort of just like me, we loved these humoristic t-shirt and 'dark' ones at this small shop called Boo’s. Anna had this emo look to her although she was actually one of those really cheery, happy-go-lucky people, she liked to dress up and well the emo look stuck with her. And to be honest it suited her.

“You should go, we can go tomorrow after detention. Everything is new, there’s this one shirt with─”

“Anna, shut up, we are playing paintball wars and you and Em are having a chat about clothes!” Matt whined from behind a desk, everyone laughed and then we heard desks and chairs moving which was followed by a loud thud and then Matt crying out in pain.

“She almost broke my lizard,” Matt chocked out between painful groans. I can't believe he just said that! Someone’s gun went off and everything was suddenly dead silent until Anna shrieked and another few shots were fired.

“Anna’s out and Tyler too,” Dylan shouted, I peaked over the desk to see Anna and Tyler walk over to the doors and walk out, Anna had a yellow paint splat on her butt and Tyler was covered with paint splats.

A sudden shot next to me, startled me and I shrieked jumping up and exposing myself to all. I looked down and saw Jayden holding his head with one hand and the other holding the gun really far away from him. I burst out laughing and hurriedly ducked back down behind the desk.

Jayden glared at me removing his hand from his head and revealing a bright yellow spot on his forehead. “He shot himself again, didn't he?” Jake asked. This was like the third or fourth time that Jayden has shot himself with his own paintball gun. Last week he was pretending to sword fight an imaginary opponent and shot himself in the foot.

“Yeah,” I called back. “Where did he shoot himself this time?” Nick asked. “His forehead, he was playing air guitar or something on it.” I replied still laughing at Jayden.

His glare turned into one of menace and a big smirk appeared on his lips. “You wouldn't,” I gasped, he turned the gun towards me, smirk growing. He nodded his head menacingly and inched closer to me. Crap this is going to hurt! I thought.

Before I could even think about shooting him, he pulled the trigger and sent one really painful paintball to my upper leg, I gasped at the pain and lifted my gun up and shot off a few shots towards him.

“Guys not again!” Dylan whined, “Come on, this is like the second time you guys shot each other. We just started!” Dylan’s voice got louder as he reached us, a disappointed and annoyed look on his face as he looked down at us. Jayden and I both smiled sheepishly towards Dylan.  He sighed like the world was on his shoulders and walked away, the rest in tow, leaving me and Jayden alone with two paintball guns filled with ready to use paintballs.