Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I turned on the TV and switched the channel to my favourite show The Gummy Bears and sang along to the theme song and relaxed on the couch. I was already dresses and after that long warm bath I felt so much better and wasn’t constantly gridding my teeth each time a thought of Saxon or that Connor entered my mind.

“Emily I'm home and young lady you are in so much trouble!” Callie shouted, “The school phoned and a Mr Willow said you walked out of his class and missed your detention.” Callie walked into the living room hands on her hips. I looked over at her from my upside down position on the couch, my neck hanging over the couch and my feet dangling on the headrest of the couch.

“Is it really that shocking to hear that I have detention?” I asked looking back towards the TV, she shrugged. “No, but don’t you think you have enough detention already? They’re going to expel you if you don’t stop Em.”

“I know it’s just, I hate it when everyone starts getting excited about the White-moon and it gets really annoying to have to listen to it in every class, I mean even in math we were learning about it!” Callie sat down next to me placing her hand on my arm.

“I know it’s hard but just stay strong for a few more days, okay?” I nodded my head and smiled towards her. I can't believe she was hypnotized, why would someone even go out of their way to hypnotize my aunt and try and get her to agree to me staying at that awful mansion that's more like a prison and go to their school.

“So what do you want for dinner?” She asked after a long pause.

“Chinese!” I yelled, flipping over so I was standing on my feet. A wide smile on my lips, I loved Chinese, Callie smiled and got up taking her purse. I followed her to her car and got in, almost bouncing in my seat from excitement. I haven’t had Chinese in months.

“Calm down Em,” Callie laughed staring at me from the corner of her eye. I smiled sheepishly and sat on my hands, clamming my mouth shut. “You know sometimes I wonder if your even seventeen,” she said smiling at me. I poked my tongue out at her playfully. “Thanks for clearing up that question.” She chuckled.

We stopped at the Chinese restaurant and I hopped out running into it. “Po!” I yelled running into the really big chef. He opened his arms and caught me just in time. “Ah, Emily,” he said in his Chinese accent hugging me to his big body. “Let me guess my little grasshopper, you want chicken noodles.” I nodded my head like crazy and sat down at the bar, Callie came walking in shaking her head at me.

“Hello Po.”

“Nice to see you again Miss Callie, how is looking after this one?” Po asked pointing the sushi knife towards me. Callie laughed and leaned in closer to him. “I don’t know whether she is five or seventeen,” She whispered, smiling and winking at him. Po laughed and sliced another piece of fish.

“Grasshopper, is young spirit, she is five.” He said in his master voice, I laughed, I loved it when he talked all wise, it was fun. Although I don’t like being called a grasshopper but it’s actually amusing when he calls me it, so I don’t mind as much.

My bowl of chicken noodles was steaming and I was eyeing it with need, like a child eyeing a toy it really wants. “Em, no, I know exactly what you are thinking and no, you are going to burn your tongue,” Callie scolded eating her sushi, I loved sushi but I was craving noodles and I usually only ate sushi on Friday because on those nights I could eat as much as I wanted.

Ignoring Callie I took the chop-stick and scooped up a big load of noodles, Po chuckled at me shaking his head. Taking a bite, I regretted the move as soon as my tongue was burning and steam was literally coming from my mouth, hanging my mouth opened I tried to cool down my burning mouth.