Book 2: By His Side: Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I found Ella and walked over to her. She stood up straighter and smiled. “Morning Ella, I was wondering about something and was hoping you might know the answer.” She nodded seeming curious. “I'm looking for a place where I could hide something,” I made sure to gesture to myself so she knew I was talking about a person. She seemed confused but nodded.

“If you walk into the kitchen and turned towards the left, in the corner there’s a door that leads down  to the basement, but no one uses it anymore.” I thanked her and walked out. There’s no training today so it was empty when I walked in.

I know I can already form the electric ball around an object that can electrocute the object but I was still having difficulty with the shield part. I know that’s how I use to irritate the guys. I tried over and over but it just won't stay long enough around anything.

Frustrated I sat down and glared at the damn weight ball I have been using to form a shield around. How hard can it be to just form a shield, it’s so damn easy to form a damn electric ball around it. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on what exactly forms the shield. I focused on actually trapping the weight ball and opened my eyes to see a energy shield forming around the ball and it was actually holding.

I moved to touch the shield and found that it held. My fingers skimmed the shield and it sent a wave of shock through me and I could feel the strength of the shield pulsing through my fingers touching it.

I felt giddy that I finally got it right and stood up releasing the shield around the ball and watched a bit shocked that the ball had bounced. Confused I tried forming another shield around the ball and focused on moving it. A gasp left my lips as the ball moved because of the shield forcing it where I wanted it to go.

“What are you doing?” I whirled around in shock at the voice. I hadn’t realized anyone was here. Connor watched me with cautious eyes. “Training,” I hurriedly rushed out. He didn't seem to believe me and took a step closer to me. “By forming a shield around it?” He questioned. I nodded knowing I’ll probably get caught anyway.

He nodded but he still didn’t believe this and walked out telling me breakfast is ready. I walked out and headed towards the dining room. Taking a seat near Saxon he looked at Connor and then at me. I had some pancakes and a few bacon bites.

Everyone was  currently on a buzz because of what had happened yesterday at the pack. Kia was talking to Jake about searching in her grandmother’s books for something that might help them protect everyone better and I noticed how she would stop in a sentence and then change it because of Devin sitting on the opposite of her and paying attention. I looked to my side to see that Devin actually looked like he has been sleep deprived for a few days.

There were noticeable bags under his eyes and he looked a bit pale. “Emily,” Saxon started and turned towards me, his eyes a warm liquid green. “Yes,” I said. He had a smile on his face of amusement. “Have you heard a word we have been saying?” He asked laughter thick in his voice.

“Oh sorry,” I mumbled with a deep blush. I really should stop zoning out at random times. “We were thinking of going to the cabin for a few days. You, Saxon, Kia and I for a bit of an alone time.” Connor explained.

How can they think of something like that with everything that's happening. “Uhm,” I started and saw as Saxon’s eyes flashed with an urgency that had me double thinking their idea. “Sure sounds good.” Saxon’s hand landed on my leg and he stroked his thumb in a circular motion soothing me.

“Emily, let’s go start packing.” Kia said and stood up. I followed her with a kiss to Saxon’s lips. Kia laced her arm in mine as we walked up towards the rooms. I followed Kia into their bedroom and sat down on the couch, I would have on the bed but it looked like they were at it last night.