Chapter 23 Part 2

Chapter 23

Jayden kissed my forehead and left the room, he was usually the last to be with me. I rolled onto my side and curled up into a ball, crying myself to sleep. Sleep was the only think that took the pain away.

Loud shouts and shots reached my ears and I whimpered as something slammed against the door and then another round of shots went off. I shut my eyes and moved further away from the door, trying to get as far away from the door as possible, but is wasn’t much since my wrists and feet were still tied up enough to keep me from getting up or even sitting.

The door banged open and I shrieked, burying my face into the mattress. Someone laid their hands on my arms and I screamed and started crying again, they started speaking to me but I didn't want to hear. I screamed and trashed against them, never once hearing what they said.

Something small and sharp pierced my skin and knocked me out cold.

*

When I woke up I was back in a familiar room, fully dressed. Tears started streaming down my face. This is another one of Jayden’s ‘trick’, I convinced myself and crawled into a corner, trying to make myself small enough.

The door opened and a figure moved towards me, a whimper escaped my lips as it neared. The bedside lamp turned on and I blinked a few times against the light. When I looked up at the figure, I screamed and started trashing and kicking as he touched me.

“Emily, calm down. It’s just me. I won’t hurt you.” Saxon tried to sooth but I didn't listen to anything. Another figure walked into the room and walked over to us. Ella crouched down next to me and laid a gentle hand on me. I calmed down a bit and threw myself at her, crying and sobbing onto her shoulder.

“They never came for me, they’re never coming for me.” I cried. “Just kill me please, before they can come back. Please.” I begged her, looking into her eyes. She had tears in her eyes and didn't say anything. “Please before he takes this dream away from me again, please just kill me.” I continued to beg, tears streaming down my face.

“Ask her what she means with him taking this dream away?” I heard someone say to Ella. She stared at something behind me and turned to be. “Emily, what dream?” She asked wiping away a few tears. I sniffed a few times, “Jayden, he made me think I was escaping but when I almost got away I was back in the cell. He made me believe I was escaping, I thought I was escaping.” I rushed and started sobbing again. I buried my face into her shoulder and shrieked when a growl came from behind me.

Another hand was laid on my shoulder and my body automatically started trashing against the hold. “She thinks she’s still in the cell.” Saxon growled and pulled me away from Ella as I continued to scream and kick against his hold. Saxon turned me around so I was staring at him and wrapped his arms tightly around me. “Emily, listen to me!” he yelled over my screaming.

“I'm really here, Emily, I'm really here. You're safe!” He kept yelling as I trashed in his arms. He grabbed my face in his hands and stared at me. “Please, I can't take much more of that. Just get it over with.” I whispered defeated my voice hoarse from crying and screaming so much.

Pain and anger crossed his face before he pressed his lips to mine. I struggled against them and started crying again. “Emily, this is real. Your safe.” He whispered against my lips. “Ego amare, I love you.” He whispered and kissed me again, placing his hands on the side of my face.

Silent tears kept leaking down my face as he gentle kept his lips on mine, whispering words in a foreign language over and over. A gasp left my lips as images started playing in my mind. Images where Saxon held me while I cried, whispered sweet nothings to me, made me laugh, held me all night while I watched scary movies... the images were endless and in every one, love and protection was such a strong feeling.