Book 2: By His Side: Chapter 20

Chapter 20

“Please don't tell him what I’ve been up to the entire day.” I murmured to Kia. She had found me asleep, sprawled over the books. She had been confused as to why I was reading about mating but after I had explained to her what I needed to know about it, she had nodded, but her eyes had clearly said she wasn't please although I couldn't understand why.

“Fine,” She huffed out and opened the door to the training room. I thanked her and walked over to Dmitri, he didn't look pleased to be here but none the less started today’s training lesson. We were to escape the hold of the partner, whether it’s from behind, a choke hold or even being strangled against a wall.

Everyone was already paired up and I housed a deep frown. Saxon still wasn't back which might possibly mean that something had happened but it also might mean that he was just running late. “C’mon, let’s start.” I turned to Devin and frowned, even after yesterday he still wants to be my partner.

“I don't think that’s wise.” I muttered trying to seem like I was actually afraid of what might happen when truly I was itching to try it out again. Devin shrugged and waved off my words like yesterday never happened. I sighed and followed him over to the wall where some were being shoved up against it in an attempt to escape.

Devin gripped me by the throat and shoved me up against the wall, it took me by shock for a moment, my heart skipping a beat, my stomach knotting with fear. I tried breathing but it was hard with Devin’s hand locked around my neck.

Closing my eyes I focused on what Saxon had taught me between pinning me down. As if a switch went on, I snapped my eyes open and gripped Devin by the throat before lifting my knee and hitting him in his family jewels. He was too focused on the hand around his neck to think about what else I might do.

He was still groaning on the floor when I moved away from him and towards the middle of the room. I didn't feel comfortable with someone getting me in that position and figured it was best I stayed away from getting choked by the one person in this room who would enjoy this.

Instead of just standing around I headed to where the punching dummy was set up and focused on using my abilities on it. I didn't use the vibration thing which I heard Saxon speak to Connor about was called the ‘blood calling’ the same thing Carmine had talked about.

I would have enjoyed using it but that wouldn't be possible with a rubber dummy. I had managed to manipulate a energy ball into wrapping itself around a victim like a shield but actually electrocuting them on some level.

Dmitri had started giving me ideas after a while of just watching me. He had suggested that I try and form a shield around an object. It was hard since I kept using the energy balls to create the shield and that wasn't good since it continued to electrocute the dummy.

After an hour of struggling I realized that I was concentrating to hard on a creating a ball that wraps around the person instead of actually just creating the shield around the person. I had failed a lot but luckily started getting the hang of it when training had finished and everyone started heading out. Dmitri asked well more like demanded that I rest and try tomorrow to get it right. I begrudgingly agreed and headed to my room and took a shower.

I was worried, Saxon hadn’t called, I already checked and he also didn't tell anyone or inform them he would be late and because of what he had said this morning I was just worrying more and the worst images kept playing in my head.

I grabbed my phone from beside the bed and sat down on the couch in front of the fire place, wrapped in a comfy blanket as I waited for Saxon to call or at least come home. To pass the time I grabbed one of the books I had read in the library and started readying through it. I was shocked when it started talking about insane mates.