Ch. 22 City Beneath the Sea

MIKAELSON
[2×20]

AS ASKED, ELIJAH ALLOWED US TO HEAD OFF TO THE BAYOU WITH THE WOLVES. But we weren't out there long before he called me.

"Elijah called. Freya's doing a locator spell to find us. We need to leave. Now," I said as Hayley and I ran towards Jackson. I was holding Hope as she held Lilly. I felt guilty about leaving, but I just wanted to get to Mystic Falls until this was over.

We found Jackson digging a grave. I realized we were standing in the same graveyard his grandfather was buried in.

"Wait, you're burying Aiden? Here?" Hayley asked.

"We can't keep carrying him around forever. Give me a minute to get him put in the ground and we'll get out of here," he told us, standing.

"You said this is how wolves bury murders and traitors. I know Aiden was answering to Klaus, but he was loyal to the pack in the end," I told him.

"That's what got him killed," Hayley added.

I looked at the ground. I still didn't believe Klaus was the one who had killed him.

"You don't think I know that? You think this is how I wanna put Aiden to rest? I don't have a choice, guys. You said it yourself, we gotta go," Jackson told us.

"It's not right," Hayley said.

I shook my head. "She's right. If we expect the wolves to put their lives on the line for the girls, they deserve to know that those lives matter to us. We'll take Aiden downriver. Give him a true Crescent funeral. Too much has been taken from our pack, I won't let them lose this too," I said.

Jackson picked up the grave marker and threw it into the trees.

|

We were walking through the woods with the pack. Hayley and Jackson were ahead of me. I pulled my phone out and called Klaus. It of course went to voicemail. "I don't know when you'll actually listen to this, but I want to leave it anyway. I'm sorry, Klaus. I love you. I don't know if you were purposely trying to push me away because you were getting cold feet or something, but either way you weren't listening to me. You wouldn't take any of my ideas into consideration and that isn't how a relationship works.

"I'm hoping that maybe we can figure out a way to fix everything after this, but for right now I just want to say I still do love you and I wish you had given me more options," I said and hung up.

Hope started fussing and I moved to catch up with my sister. "Hey, I need to stop and feed her," I told Hayley and Jackson.

"There's a hideout about a half mile south. Grab some guys to watch your back. We'll make a perimeter. This bayou's our territory, we'll defend it," Jackson said.

|

We went to the cabin and let Hope and Lilly eat and rest a little. Marcel called while we were there.

"I knew it," I said.

"I figured you did," Marcel said. He had just told me that Klaus wasn't the one who killed Aiden.

"Why did the idiot have to go and take the blame then? Wait, no I know that answer. He is stubborn and irresponsible on top of being a blood thirsty, murdering lunatic. Did I mention idiot somewhere in there too?" I said.