Ch. 4 Live and Let Die

THE ONES WE LOVE
[2×04]

I WAS DEALING WITH THE WOLVES THAT WERE NOW STAYING WITH US WHEN I HEARD SHOUTING IN THE COURTYARD. "Brother! Niklaus!" Elijah yelled while he entered the courtyard.

"You realize literally everyone here has supernatural hearing, right?" I asked, walking towards him. My voice was sharper than usual. I had tried to be civil for a while, but my patience was thinning. It was obvious to everyone, including the wolves, that my relationship with both Klaus and Elijah was still only holding on by thin string.

"Where is my brother?" he wondered.

"I'll check his calendar," I said, pulling out my phone. "Wait, no, not his wife, so..."

"Rory, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my mother's commands. Considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind perhaps now is not the time for your particular brand of sass," he told me.

I glared. I had been spending a lot more time with the wolves than Klaus and he knew it. "Klaus left a while ago. If you wanna find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people use to call people," I said, waving my phone in front of him. "I don't know. I'm out of ideas. Good luck."

I turned to go to another room, but turned back. "Oh, one more thing, Elijah. Those beasts you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but like you said, they're my people. So if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems." Then I turned and walked away from the Original.

|

I got a call from Oliver, telling me that we had a new problem. I met up with Aiden- one of the wolves- before going to Marcel's loft where Elijah was supposed to be. I wasn't excited to be working with Elijah, or Aiden for that matter, but I didn't have a choice.

I was a little surprised when I found Elijah. Gia had the Original pushed against the wall, her hand in his chest. It looked more intimate than most situations where someone was about to get their heart ripped out.

"Elijah?" I said. Both looked up at me, surprised. I smirked. Gia pulled her hand out, moving back a few steps.

"We need to talk," I said.

Aiden entered. Gia moved to attack him, but Elijah stopped her.

"We're not here for a fight. Just hear him out," I told them.

"Speak. I suggest you be succinct," Elijah told him.

"Please. I need your help," Aiden told them.

Me, Aiden, Oliver, Marcel, Elijah and Josh all gathered in the living room of Marcel's loft.

"The witch wants soldiers. So now, it's either join up or pay the price," Aiden told them. He had already explained what was going on.

"I've known my brother Finn to be merciless. But I'll admit, this exceeds even my expectations," Elijah said.

"He went from martyr to murdered. But the wolves he's messing with this time are just kids," I said, turning towards Marcel. "You know the Quarter like the back of your hand. If anyone can get them out, it's you."

"And take them where?" he asked.

"There are still wolves deep in the bayou. The ones that didn't take a ring, they can look after them," Oliver said.