Ch. 22 A Closer Walk with Thee

BABY SHOWER
[1×20]

AFTER PEEING FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME TONIGHT, I LAYED BACK DOWN NEXT TO KLAUS. I was just starting to fall back asleep when I felt the hybrid suddenly sit up next to me. I rolled over to look at him. He was panting, looking as if he had seen a ghost. "Hey, you okay?" I asked, placing a hand on his arm.

He looked down at me, seeming to just remember that I was there. "Of course, my love," he told me.

"You sure?" I asked, a little concerned. 

"Yes, go back to sleep," he told me as he layed back down.

I nodded. "Okay," I said. He laid back down next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder before the two of tried to fall back asleep.

|

Klaus left for Father Kieran's funeral. The hex had finally won. I was waiting on Hayley to get here and getting myself and Lilly around.

Hayley had eventually came back. Me and Klaus had been trying to help her figure out how to handle being a hybrid. She was getting better at it, but not exactly great.

I walked downstairs and heard a noise. "Hales?" I called. No response.

I moved through the courtyard. "Klaus?" Still no answer.

"Elijah, if you are trying to be funny then I am going to stake you in your sleep!" I yelled.

Suddenly eight people came running at me. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I asked my friends as they all attacked me with hugs. My sister, mom, Elena, Jeremy, Bonnie, Matt and the Salvatores.

"Sorry, we wanted to come see you. You're due in a few weeks," Caroline reminded.

"Yeah, but not now," I said, laughing.

"She was trying to surprise you," my mom told me.

I smiled. "Well, I wish you had given me a little warning. I was just about to leave," I told them.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked.

"New Orleans style wake. My friend's uncle died, he was human," I told them.

"Oh," Caroline mumbled.

"And I'm not sure how happy Klaus is going to be to have eight people staying in his house, especially you guys," I said.

"You act like we tried to kill the guy," Damon complained.

I gave him a look. "You did. On multiple occasions. And you killed two of his brothers," I said.

"Oh, right," Damon said, smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, we'll behave. If we don't Caroline will kill us," Stefan told me.

"Yes. Yes, I will," Caroline said.

"Okay. Well, you can come if you want. You might not have known the guy, but it's at Rousseau's and there is an open bar," I told them.

"I do not condone this," my mother said.

"Hey, you know one of your children won't be drinking and most of them are at least in college," I told her.

She sighed. "Now, can one of you go upstairs and get Lilly, because I'm pretty sure none of you want me going up them when I can't even see my feet," I said.