Ch. 14 Dance Back From the Grave

GLOW
[1×12]

"YOU ENJOY YOUR TRIP?" HAYLEY ASKED WITH A TEASING SMILE.

I smiled back. "Yes," I said.

"Ugh, you are so glowy it makes me sick," she said.

I laughed, grinning like a crazy person. "I'm sorry, I'm happy. Me and Klaus are good. Me and my mom are good. Me and Tyler are even worse but that's not my fault. And I got eight hours of sleep last night," I said, then frowned. "Well, not at one time, but in total I got eight hours."

She rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing. We were looking through Davina's sketches, trying to find something that would explain them now that the witch was gone.

"There you three are," Elijah said, entering the room.

"Here we are," Hayley said.

Lilly, who had been playing on the floor, grabbed one of the drawings and took it to him. He smiled. "Thank you," he told her. I laughed as she shyly ran back over to me. She was getting more used to all the Mikaelsons, but Rebekah was still the only one she would go too close to.

"Davina's drawings," he noticed.

"Yeah, morbid. I know. I was just thinking that we never figured out why she drew those pictures of Celeste," Hayley told him.

"And killing time since we got put on vampire lockdown," I told him. They had been finding some of the day walkers magically desiccated in the Quarter. Of course, that meant I wasn't allowed to leave because of my little, miracle baby.

"Whoever did this, we will deal with them. It won't be long," Elijah told us.

"We're not worried," I said.

"Yeah, this one can't stop glowing after her weekend away," Hayley teased.

"I will when he starts being an idiot again," I said smirking. Hayley shook her head at me in amusement.

"I just think it's funny that it took some big, supernatural threat for you to even come into the same room as me," Hayley told him.

And there went my glow. "I do apologize if either of you feel neglected," Elijah said.

"I'm good," I said.

Elijah and Hayley both chuckled at me. "I have been occupied. My siblings are in some quarrel. Niklaus remains agitated. You'll recall that even our slightest interactions infuriate him. The only one around here who seems to keep him calm is Ms. Forbes here," he told Hayley.

I smiled again, looking away.

"So Klaus is a-"

"Baby ears nearby," I reminded.

"-jerk and you want to be a good big brother, so we can't hang out. That sum it up?" Hayley asked.

Elijah didn't really seem to know how to respond to that. "I get it, Elijah. It just seems like a really crappy deal," Hayley told him.

"You know that I will happily distract him at any time, right?" I asked.

"Okay, don't make me barf, glowy," Hayley said.

|

"You okay?" I asked.

I had came downstairs to get a snack, but it was obvious something was up from the look on Elijah's face. He was standing in the middle of the courtyard with a phone in his hand.