Ch. 14 I Love You, Goodbye

WEDDING
[2×14]

I WAS PACKING MY THINGS WHEN I HEARD KLAUS ENTER MY ROOM. "What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Elijah said they're on the road. I'm going to go to them and get our daughters," I told him, not looking up from what I was doing.

Finn had attacked. Thankfully, Cami had taken the girls out for the day and only Elijah had been home when he got there. Elijah ended up blowing up the house to keep him from getting to the girls. Cami had been pulling up when it happened.

"My love-"

I spun on my fiance. "Do not tell me it's not safe. I'll tell you what's not safe, blowing up a house to keep your psychotic brother from finding them," I yelled.

"We will deal with Finn," he promised.

"And then what? Every time you kill him he is just going to jump into another body," I snapped.

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work," Klaus told me.

"Then what's your bright idea?" I asked.

"As it happens, I'm working on a plan as we speak. One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize," he said, his voice rising to match mine.

"Do not manage me! I have every right to-"

"Rory, your sister is getting married today," he interrupted. I looked at him, having forgotten about that in my panic. "An act that will seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn. You will have an army who will answer to you," he told me.

"I'm not the alpha, Klaus," I reminded.

"I beg to differ. You're definitely an alpha, and more importantly, you're a queen," he told me, pushing some of my hair behind my ear. I smiled slightly at the nickname. "And a queen does not run."

|

I couldn't believe this. Out of everything that could go wrong today, of course this had to. I didn't have anything to wear.

"Trying to find a dress?" Klaus asked, entering the room.

"Literally every dress I have worn since Lilly was born was from you, Caroline, or it was maternity. I have nothing," I whined.

He smiled. "Well, I'm not here to help you with that problem. Someone else is working on it as we speak," he promised.

"Then why are you smiling?" I asked.

Klaus looked way too happy. "With everything going on today and with your family coming to town, I thought it was time we fixed a certain little problem," he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Klaus looked at me, almost seeming nervous as he took my hand. The next thing he did made my heart run a mile per minute. He got down on one knee, pulling out a little gold box. "Lorelai Forbes, will you marry me?" he asked, opening the box. My breath caught at the sight of the ring. It probably cost more than I could earn in ten years of working at the Grill.

"I already answered that question," I said, smirking at him. Klaus smiled as he stood up and slid the beautiful ring on my finger. He kissed me.

When we pulled away I held up my hand, looking at the massive engagement ring. "I promise a queen almost as beautiful as you wore it once upon a time," he told me, making me laugh.