Ch. 15 Crescent City

QUEEN
[1×13]

I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE A FUN DAY WHEN I WOKE UP TO THE DEAD BODY OF PAPA TUNDE LAYING IN THE COURTYARD. He was the warlock who had desiccated Rebekah yesterday, and he had tried to kill Marcel and Klaus.

Because of this, Klaus had brought me to his room to talk about the fact that he no longer liked the idea of me staying in the French Quarter.

"You're joking," I said.

"Will you please not overreact, love?" he asked.

"Do not tell me I am overreacting! I may be seven months pregnant, but my brain is just fine," I said.

"We both know you're sleep schedule isn't," he said.

"Do not make me regret sleeping in your room," I said. Since returning from Mystic Falls, I had been sleeping in Klaus' bed most nights. That meant he knew how many times I had to get up at night and how long it took me to get comfortable.

"I'm not trying too. I just think it will be better if you stay at the plantation house a few days," he said.

"How am I safer with your idiot vampires than you?" I asked.

"Because I'm sending Rebekah," he told me.

I sent him a look. I trusted Rebekah with my life at this point, but that still didn't mean I wanted to get sent off to the plantation house. "Again, not seeing how I'm any safer," I said.

"Can you please work with me, little wolf?" he asked.

I sighed, taking a step closer to the hybrid. "I just don't get why your first instinct is to always separate us," I told him.

"Because I can't have you here. If I know you're in danger, I will be distracted and that means I won't be able to do what I need to do," he told me, placing his hands on my waist.

I frowned. I still didn't like this, but I could tell I wasn't going to win this argument. "Fine," I agreed.

|

Me, Hayley, Lilly and Rebekah all arrived at the plantation house later than day. Baby number two was getting bigger and heavier, so Rebekah was the one who got Lilly out of her car seat and carried her over to us.

"I thought I was gonna have to drag you two to the plantation kicking and screaming," she said.

"Yeah, well, we all just wanna protect me and the baby, right?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Despite my talk with Klaus, my voice still had a sharp edge to it.

"Hey, I'm on your side, remember? So what gives?" Rebekah asked.

I sighed, looking up at the vampire. "Tonight's the full moon, Rebekah," I reminded.

"So what? Your preggers and you haven't triggered it in the first place," she said.

"Yes, but Hayley has, meaning it's just the two of us tonight and I wanted to invite some people over," I told her. 

She nodded in understanding. "Of course. Every red blooded, American werewolf will be a bundle of fur and sharp teeth tonight whilst your cursed Crescent clan will be-"