Ch. 4 Tangled Up in Blue

BABY GIRL
[1×03]

I WALKED OUT OF MY ROOM, HEADING DOWN THE HALL. I was starving. I walked into the kitchen to find pancakes.

"Apology pancakes for trying to kill my child?" I asked my new sister.

Hayley nodded. "I have strawberries," she said.

"Ew. Don't make me sick," I said.

"I thought you liked strawberries?" she said.

"That was last week's craving. This week's is chocolate," I said. She rolled her eyes and got the chocolate chips out.

"You need to eat healthier," she told me.

"Oh, this diet is nothing compared to the one when I was pregnant with Lilly and she turned out fine," I said. She rolled her eyes.

"So, do you forgive me?" Hayley wondered.

I turned to face her. "Don't ever try to harm one of my kids again. I get that you thought you were helping, but I don't care whose baby it is. It is mine, and I love it," I said.

She nodded. "I get that now," she said.

"Good," I told her, turning back to the fridge.

"You didn't answer the question," she said.

"That's because I don't know the answer yet," I told her.

I ate breakfast with Hayley, who told me about how she had snooped through Elijah's journals this morning. Then we went to find Klaus and Rebekah.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire," Rebekah was saying.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child," Klaus said.

"I am so not helpless," I said, entering the doorway.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," Rebekah told him. He chuckled, while I rolled my eyes at them.

"The werewolf aunt would like to know what the plan is," Hayley said, moving to stand beside me.

"Depends on what plan you mean, my plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan for finding love in a cruel, cruel world," Klaus told her.

Rebekah smiled at him, before grabbing a pencil from a nearby box and hurling it at his face. He caught it out of the air, right before it hit him.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back," Hayley said.

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus told her.

I shook my head. "Maybe just don't," I told him.

"You two said that you would get him back. Is there a plan or what?" Hayley wondered.

"Ok. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would've weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please," Klaus said.