Ch. 2 Graduation

GRADUATION
[4×23]

MY PHONE BEGAN RINGING ON MY NEW NIGHTSTAND. I grabbed it, quickly answering. "Where are you?" Caroline yelled in my ear.

"Ow," I muttered.

"You said you would come back for the dance, but then you don't show up and Katherine mentioned something about you to Damon and Stefan and we are all worried about you," Caroline rambled in my ear.

I sighed, looking down at my stomach. I had no bump yet, but I knew it would be there eventually. "It's a long story," I told her.

"Then tell me, and are you going to be back for my graduation?" she wondered.

My eyes widened. "Your graduation. Oh, I completely forgot. Things have been crazy, Care, and I have been trapped in a house with Klaus and I don't know," I said.

"Wait, Klaus, as in Klaus Mikaelson?" she asked.

"Yep, long story."

"I have time," she told me.

"How about I come to your graduation and explain everything?" I could almost hear my little sister rolling her eyes at me.

"Fine. It better be a good story," she told me.

"Oh, it will be," I said.

|

I called Sophie and had her come over so we could talk. "I need to go to my sister's graduation," I told her. We were sitting in my room. Klaus was out somewhere, I wasn't sure where.

"Hayley's graduating?" she asked.

"No, my adoptive sister, Caroline," I corrected.

"As long as it is in New Orleans, I don't see a problem," she told me.

"There's the thing, it isn't," I said.

"I'm not undoing the link and letting my one thing I have on Klaus go just so you can go to some stupid graduation," Sophie said.

"That is why I was thinking that maybe, you could just go with me and enjoy the lovely town of Mystic Falls for a few days," I offered.

"Not a chance," she said.

I stood up and moved to where I was standing over her. "Look, I have not seen my daughter for over a month. I am going to this graduation, getting my daughter, and telling my sister and mom that I'm pregnant in person. And if I don't, I will make sure that you do not get anything you want from Klaus. I have helped take down Katherine Peirce and Esther Mikaelson. Do not doubt me right now," I told the witch.

|

"Klaus," I said, finding him in his study.

"Yes, little wolf?" he asked from his seat.

"I think we need to talk," I said.

"About what?"

"I want to go to Mystic Falls," I admitted.

"Well, we both know that won't happen. You're linked to that witch, Sophie," he said.

"But, if I wasn't, would you be okay with that?" I asked.