Almost Is Never Enough

When we get outside we head to my fathers car, Detective Carter gets into the police van along with the officers and handcuffed Mr. Knickson. I stare at him till the slide the door shut. His face has no emotion. No anger. No sadness. No hurt. Just bliss. It made me kind of upset that he wasn't feeling hurt. I wanted him to, but we'll see show he feel when they interrogate him later on tonight. When they finally pull off my father and Trevor get in the front, since Trevor needs to direct him to his house, and my brother and I sit in the second row. Throughout the ride, it was pretty silent; expect the parts where Trevor would tell my dad directions.

"Turn left here"

"Make a right at the next light"

"Keep going straight"

"The house on the corner with the white gate"

When we finally get there we see Trevor's mom digging in her bag for her keys go get into the house. When we all get out the car she turns and stops what she's doing. She has this sense of a relief on her face. As if she thought we wouldn't get there. When we walk through the gate and onto the porch she lunges at me and hugs me tightly.

"Oh sweetie, I was worried sick when I heard what you were doing" She says. She releases me. Then she lightly taps my arm.

"You're lucky that I couldn't leave work early cause I had an emergency patient" she says giving me a small grin. I smirk back at her.

"Girl's got to do, what a girl's got to do" I quote. She smiles.

"Let me see" she says sticking out her hands. I then stick out both my wrists towards her. When I look at them they're not too bad. But I can see a partial print from his ring on my left wrist. The thought made me sick and angry at the same time. The fact that his has marked my body in two areas with similar prints makes me feel so used. But I stop thinking about it. I don't wanna to start a crying scene in front on Mrs. Jackson. She's such a sweet, and soft person. She would probably start crying along with me and that wouldn't make it any better. I wouldn't be able to stop. When she sees the bruise, she shakes her head and exhales.

"Oh honey... Lets get this looked at,” She says releasing my hands. She digs in her bag and tussles for her house keys.

"I got it 'ma" Trevor says pulling his keys out his pocket. He sticks the key in the lock and holds it open for everyone to walk in.

She sighs in relief.

"Thank you Trev baby, my bag is just a huge mess," she says smiling walking in. Then my brother and father walk in with me behind them. I smirk but not from Trevor's mom's statement about her bag. I look at Trevor and mouth...

"Trev baby?" I giggle. He smiles and shakes his head in embarrassment. When we walk in Trevor closes the door and we all sit on the couch. Trevor's mom then comes and sits next to me. She has ice inside of 2 small plastic zip lock bags and gauze bandages.

"First we need compression" she states. She takes some gauze, wraps in around my left and right wrist. About 5 layers. She wraps it tight and I can feel the sourness a lot on my left wrist so I bite my tongue so I don't grimace. She then slowly lays one ice filled zip lock on top of each of wrists. She then takes more gauze wrap and wraps around the ice bags so that they're secure on wrists. I can start to feel the cold ice temperature seep through the gauze onto my skin. It actually feels good.

"Ok. Where is your phone?" Mrs. Jackson asks. Since my hands are kind of immobile, I lean a little to the right and look down at my front left pocket. She takes it out and goes to my timer and sets it on 35 minutes.

"Ok, let the ice sit on there for about 30-45 minutes, and then we will put fresh gauze on to keep the compression" she says. I shake my head in agreement.