Or Maybe They Do!

When I wake up the next day, I wake up to the sound of my alarm and heavy rain hitting my window. I drag myself out of bed, and into the bathroom to brush my teeth and brush my hair into a messy, curly ponytail. Just from hearing the hard rain I knew I wasn't going to out much energy into putting together an outfit. After doing my hair and brushing my teeth, I go in my closet and pull out my grey hoody that shows the words "PARAMORE" on the front. Then I put on some light blue denim jeans and my black combat boots. I go downstairs and see my father in the same spot as last night. Only this time his snoring wasn't rattling the house and he was dressed for work. I only have 5 minutes till my bus comes. That's what I get for hitting snooze 3 times. I go in the kitchen and grab my TO-GO breakfast again, a granola bar and water. Before I walk out the door I grab my bag and my umbrella. And just like clock work the bus pulls up and I get on. When I get to the school, I have Geometry first period. The seats in this class are doubled so I was expecting to sit alone. But then this kid I never seen before sits next to me. We exchanged glances a few times. He was pretty cute. He was a very tall and nicely built brown skinned boy. He had brown eyes with dark brown curly hair. After tons of glances he finally says something.

"Are you feeling as awkward as I am right now?" he asks not looking up from his book, tapping his pencil.

"Surprising yes" I respond nervously twiddling my fingers. We both giggle. He finally looks at.

"I'm Trevor" he says look at me smiling.

"Kayla" I reply.

“Cool" he says. He looks down at my sweatshirt.

"PARAMORE huh? I love that band. One my of favorite bands." He says smiling

"Oh cool me too. Uh well duh obviously I'm wearing the sweatshirt. That was dumb statement." I reply. What's happening. Why am I messing up like this. It's like this boys cuteness is making my brain do twist and turns. He laughs.

"I know what you mean" he implies.

"So you new here?" I ask

"Yeah. I'm a transfer student. I use to go to Douglaston High School but my mom got a few job so we had to move, which caused me and my sister to switch to a more zoned school."

"Oh okay. Your sister goes here too?" I ask. I hope I'm not getting too much into his business and talking to much.

"Nah, she goes to the elementary school down the street" he says. I nod.

“Oh Kennedy Elementary right?” I ask

“Yeah, that one” he nods his head.

"So what class do you have next" he asks. It's only the second day of school so I have to look at my schedule. I see that I have…

"Science" I tell him

"Oh cool, so do I" he says giving me a small grin.

"How come I didn't see you in class yesterday" I ask

"My mom had to register me and my sister yesterday before the deadline so we had to start today instead of yesterday" he explains. I nod.

"Oh and a heads up, I'm not the best in math so sorry if I can't help you as a partner at times" I imply.

“Well, I guess that's something we share similarities in. Cause math to me is like reading Japanese." He jokes. Throughout class we try to concentrate on the math lesson Ms. Canon was giving but we just kept getting caught up in our conversation. Whether it was about music, T.V shows, movies, or even just about each other's interest. I'm sure we're a whole math lesson behind because we barley paid attention. But Trevor is cool. A new friend that I was actually happy talking to. The bell rings and we head to science. When we get in there I see Mr Knickson writing a warm up on the board. He looks over and sees us.

"Good Morning Ms Saxton" he says.

"Morning" I say.

"And who is this young man. I don't recall seeing you yesterday" he states.

"I'm Trevor" he replies. Mr. Knickson picks up his roster paper and skims it.

“Ah here you are. Mr. Trevor Jackson.

"He's new to the school. I've been showing him around " I input.

"Oh okay. So I'm sure you guys are becoming good friends" he states

"Yeah she's cool" he smiles nudging me. I laugh.

“Well, I don't know if there's any open seats you can check around" he says sounding doubtful.

"Oh there's a desk next to mine. Nobody ever likes to sit in the front so there's usually one or two seat available." I tell Trevor.

“Well, there you have it nice to meet you young man. I hope to have a smooth year with you" Mr Knickson says holding his hand out for a handshake. Trevor shakes his hand.

"You will. And really cool ring" Trevor points out Mr Knickson's big ring with a zodiac sign. From the looks of it, it look like he's a Gemini.

"Our seats are over here" I show Trevor. Throughout the whole class Mr. Knickson seemed to be looking at Trevor a lot. Probably cause he's trying to see what kind of a student he is. He's actually pretty smart. I didn't expect him to know so much about cell division before hand. When class ended Trevor hands me a piece of paper.

"Here's my number. We can text sometime...you know maybe for homework or just random stuff." He says with a smirk.

"Okay" I smile. This was a first. I didn't know how to react.

"Here's my number too" I say writing on top of his homework sheet" I can't believe I'm giving him my number. But I have to keep it cool. I'm such a nervous wreck around new friends or just new people in general.

"Cool. Wanna sit together at lunch?" he asks.

"Absolutely" I reply pretty quickly. He laughs.

"Okay see you then" he says walking off to his next class. Then I gather my books and head to Mr Knickson.

"Mr Knickson?"

"Yes?" he asks turning around from erasing the board.

"May I ask for favor?" I ask nervously.

"Sure. What is it" he asks

"I plan on getting my advanced diploma. But I need to study for biology cause I have to take a test at the end of the year and I could really use a tutor"

"So I'm guessing you want me to tutor you" he jokes.

"Yes please. If you want to of course.”

"I would love to tutor you" he smiles.

"Thank you so much. My family can't afford to pay for one. So this is amazing, thank you." I smile

"No problem. When and what time?" he asks. I pull out my schedule paper.

“Well, on Fridays I get out early at 1:15pm. Is that okay?"

"Okay. That's fine. 1:15pm-3:15pm? He asks

"Perfect. Thank you again Mr. Knickson" I repeat.

"It's my pleasure" he smiles. Then I walk off to finish the rest of my school day. When I get home I walk into a terrible sight. My brother is on the couch making out with some chick. Must be someone new cause his last chick had long black hair. This one has highlighted short brown hair. I slam the door to get their attention. They jump apart.

"Kayla. What the hell! Don't you know how to knock?" he says fixing his shirt.

"Why the heck do I need to knock if I have a key and live here dummy! And don't you have a room" I spit back walking to my room. I hear him suck his teeth and continue with his current victim. I roll my eyes and stomp upstairs. When I get into my room and close the door shut and play some music, while doing homework. After a few minutes I get a text.

"Heyy wats up"

It's from Trevor. One of the biggest grins appeared on my face that hasn't appeared in a while.