Get Comfortable

I step out of the steaming shower into the cloudy bathroom. The chilled bathroom floor makes contact with the bottom of my hot, semi-red feet. I pad over to the glass mirror opposite the glass shower. My reflection is blurred. I take the pads of my fingers and swipe from left to right, twice, on the fogged glass. Just enough to show me from my head to my collarbone. The ends of my curly hair is wet causing them to cling to shoulders. But the body of my hair still dry, and now a bit frizzy, from the hot steam of the shower. My eye shift to the sink, I see a green toothbrush unpackaged, and a blue one packaged. Possibly mine. Also lays two folded black towels. I grab one towel and let it unravel itself. I slowly dry my body. Lingering time. Now long enough to surpass his timed 10 minutes, but enough to where I could delay seeing his disgraceful face for a few moments. After drying my body I start putting on the underwear and bra. I instantly started feeling automatically filthy again. Just the thought that he had brought these clothing for me, with the knowledge of my sizes makes me sick. Though, the feel of the silk of the underwear and the lace of the bra, was suppose to feel good on my body, it was the total opposite. I take the navy blue capri sweatpants and step into them. The elastic bands form to my middle of my calves and my waist. Following, I slip on the white, v-neck t-shirt. I take a final sigh before I pick up my pile of dirty clothes and walk out he bathroom, back into the bedroom. When I close the door, he walks in and my jaw automatically clenches. He gives my body quick scan as his side slows.

"You're not going to need these" he says grabbing the ball of clothing in my hand and, literally, tossing it in the trash can next to him. My mouth parts to rant but I stop myself.

"I'll lace you're body in more pure, and expensive material. Like it deserves" he stays running his index finger from the top to the bottom of my arm. I flinch and slowly inch my arm away.

"It's time for bed anyway" he says walking to the huge, possible king sized, bed bed behind us. I stand my ground as he starts untucking sheets from the bed. He glances at me and gives me a confused look.

"Lost you're ability to walk? Bed." he commands.

"I'm not sharing a bed with you" I say in a stern voice.

"Kayla, get in the-"

"I said I'm not sharing a bed with you. Sleep by your damn self" I say cutting him off. I'd sleep on a toilet on in a shower before even considering sleep next to him. And just at the thought I make my way to the bathroom door and open it. Just as I open it a big hand comes up behind me and slams it back shut. He takes my by my shoulder and roughly turns me around. I unconsciously swing my hand and slap him across the face, and his face barely turns. But his reaction returns one slap to my face causing me to yelp.

"I'm not going to say it again" he threats. And with one single hand he tightly grabs my arm and pushes me towards the bed. I stumble still holding the side of my face. My hands trembles as I start to pull the sheets back. I slide in slowly and hesitantly. He walks to the other side and gets in. I lay in a log position facing away from him at the closest edge of the bed I could be. Tears well up in eyes.

"Goodnight, baby" he says finally before turning off the lamp light. The tears finally fall as the room goes dark. The only gleam of light is coming from the sun's glow from the window. Oh so very faint. I felt like this night would never end. I could never shut my eyes. Until my silent sobs put me to sleep.

I wake up to nothing but silence. Looking around to the sad reality that this all wasn't a terrible dream. Nightmare. I turn my head slowly too see him on his side facing the opposite direction still sleep. I, ever so slowly, sit up and slide one leg out of the bed. I let the tips of my toes touch the carpet floor as I start to move my other leg still on the bed.