What's New...?

It's morning of my first day as a junior in high school. I look at the clock that reads 7:30. I get up and head to the bathroom that is now extremely humid and steamy because I'm sure my brother took a long 30 minute shower. I open the window to release some of the steam and start brushing my teeth. I washed my hair the night before, leaving it curly. I take my hair out of the bun I put it in and fixed it to my liking. The perks of having curly hair is you can just wash, condition and go. I put on some mascara and walk out the bathroom. I don't wear lots of makeup like the girls in my school. Just was never a thing for me. Only on special occasions I’ll go all out. I go to my phone and check the weather, which was said to be 90 degrees. So I decide to put on some shorts and a plain purple shirt and some white converses. I'm the type that will dress comfortable but not too girlie. After I get dressed I go downstairs to grab a granola bar and water. That’s my ‘I only have 2 minutes until the bus gets here breakfast’. I go outside to wait for the school bus, because in the South Carolina, they still have high school students taking buses. But that is mainly because in the South we don't have the luxury of having public  transportation everywhere so, the districts provide us with buses up until we graduate high school. I can just feel the hatred in the air that will be spiked to me when I get into the bus and the school. When I get on the bus I just go straight to the back were there is that little seat big enough for only one person, because I wasn't trying to ask people "can I sit?" and they reject me because I'm.... Me. I sit down put my headphones in and open my astronomy book and waited to get school. When we got there I didn't even make eye contact with anyone just walked straight in. Set up my locker and headed to class. I would usually sit in the back but lesson learned. Bad and annoying kids sit back there. So it's hard to get the education you came to get. So I sat right in the front. Directly in front of the teacher. I don't mind being in the front of the teacher and getting called on. My first class was science. I actually liked science. It’s like a cousin to astronomy.

"Hello class my name is Mr. Knickson and as you know I'm your new science teacher, I know a lot of you guys were expecting Mrs. Turner but she retired over the summer. So looks as if your stuck with me." Mr. Knickson announces.

Mr. Knickson is African American, possibly 6'5 and by the look of his physical appearance I can tell he's a gym head. He has a deep voice too. Throughout class he made a pretty good first impression. He has this great balance between being funny, but serious. We get work done, while still getting a laugh in here and there. Which a lot of teachers can't pull off. Most of the time, you're either a strict and mean teacher. Or you're a push over type of teacher. He seemed to have his stuff figured out quite well. The bell rings after 55 mins of class.

"Tomorrow we will get deep into cell division. And..the homework distribution starts tomorrow as well" he includes.

You hear kids moan and groan at the fact that they already have to start doing homework tomorrow. I gather my things and head out.

“Ms. Saxton?" Mr. Knickson calls.

I turn quickly, and alertly, as if I had been caught of a crime. He then extends his hand and holds a blue and red pen.

"I think you dropped this" he states.

"Oh, thank you" I reply giving a tiny smile for courtesy taking the pen from his hand. He gives a small smirk back. 

I turn on the heel of my converse and walk out. He has a good memory with names already. My next class was gym. We didn't change because it was the first day of school, and they didn't come up with an activities yet. So we just had free play. Most of the girl didn't play cause school was still in session and they didn't want to get sweaty. I didn't play either. But it wasn’t the sweaty part, it's just that I didn't want to play with any of the stuff they had out. If they had volleyball or basketball out, then maybe I would have played a few minutes. After gym we had lunch and I was starving. That granola bar didn't hold me much. I never does. So I got a turkey sandwich, some chips from vending machine along with the water I brought from home. I was halfway through my sandwich and chips when a girl names Christine came over. I highly dislike this girl. I honestly think she is a witch. As if she gets pleasure in bullying people and lowering their self esteems. It’s really pathetic. She got to me majority of freshman year. I was so depressed because of her. But then her game just became so repetitive to the point where I knew her next move. So her words and her meant nothing to me by my sophomore year. She just stands hovering of me like the annoying pest she is.