Did That Just Happen..?

I wake up Monday morning and the bruise is still very soar. So I put on a blue shirt with one of the scarfs I picked. I take the scarf and put it in a slip knot. When I get downstairs I bail out on breakfast because I have practically no time. I spent all my time figuring what wear with this scarf but not come off looking crazy at the same time. All weekend I stayed home. I left my room for two reasons only. To go to the bathroom, and to go to go to the kitchen for food. I stayed practically locked in my room all weekend like a hermit. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone.

"I'm leaving!" I yell opening the front door to leave.

I don't know why I even try. It's not like they care or even hear me. When I get to school I have to go to my locker first because my science book is in there. It really sucks that I have Mr. Knickson's class first thing in the morning. I feel like I've seen him all weekend. Friday after school. In my head when I'm at home. In my dreams cause his words won't leave my memory. And now I have to see him in class. I unlock my locker and grab textbook.

"Hey" Trevor says sneaking up behind me, startling me.

"Hey" I say barley making eye contact.

"What happen this weekend, you never texted me" he says trying to look in me in my eyes. Then I remember. I was supposed to call him so that we could watch the basketball game together.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, there was a lot going on this weekend" I lie

"Oh okay, what happened?" He asks actually looking concerned.

WHY MUST HE ASK QUESTIONS!

“My great grandfather was admitted to the hospital and we had to go see him, so I missed my doctors appointment and I was having sleepovers at the hospital. All weekend." I lie again. I feel so bad having to lie to him. I've grown so close to him, I always wanted him to be that go-to person I could talk to. But this. This is too big. I can't. At least not so soon.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. How is he doing now?" He asks

"He's doing good. He just had bad back pains" I say closing my locker.

"Oh okay well it was a heck of a game" he says as we start walking upstairs to head to class. He starts explaining all the crazy plays that happened. I seen his lips moving and I know interesting things were being said, but all I could think about was that I was about to have class with Mr. Knickson. The closer we get to the classroom. The more I wanted to vomit. I could literally feel the nausea starting to set in. We walked through the corridors, exiting the staircase, and into the hallway. When we turn we can see Mr. Knickson standing in classroom down the hall with papers in his hands waiting for class to start. He turns his head our way, causing us to make eye contact. Just his glance makes my heart skip a beat. As if he would choke me again from all the way down the hall. I can still feel his tough hands on my skin and the tender feeling from the bruise he gave me on my neck. It was a feeling I wish I could erase. My mind is all messed from what he put me through. Then his words from Friday start circling in my head.

I LOVE YOU

SHUT UP

I WILL BE GENTLE

YOUR SKIN IS SO SOFT

KAYLA..KAYLA

"KAYLA!" Trevor says yelling my name, taking me out of my frightful thoughts.

"Uh , huh what happen?" I ask completely confused. I'm trying to get my brain back on track. Sad that someone I trusted messed me up so bad. Just the though of it makes me want to bust in a river of tears but I keep my composure.